• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec Cutting Plotter Controller

gower15

HI, just wondering if an one has tried the the plotting controller for a Graphtec. I'm using an HP 110 latex printer and all it will do is print. Someone had told me about this cutting controller to be able to print from the HP and cut from the Graphtec plotter, and I have installed the drivers and the controller, but it keeps giving me an error. I have tried running it in another compatible Windows also.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

attachment.php

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,267

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Might be easier to use their Cutting Master plug-in for Illustrator or Corel Draw.
You load your file - use the plug-in to set the crop marks then send the file to your printer.
Load the printed material into the plotter - open the file and use the plug-in again to have your Graphtec do the cutting.
It is pretty painless after you've done it once or twice.
If you have questions - ask I use it every day.

wayne k
guam usa

Drip Dry

What rip program are you using ? Did it come with something ? Seems that if you can print to the HP, you should be able to cut with the Graphtec.

Dennis422

If you are using rip that came with HP L110, I do not believe it can print/cut. It is very plain rip with not many feature.
Apply reg marks with CM3 and cut from CM3 also, no issues.

boxerbay

two different things here.

the controller you show in the image is to set up your conditions.

to run the job you need Cutting master2 or cutting master3 AI plug in.

gower15

What rip program are you using ? Did it come with something ? Seems that if you can print to the HP, you should be able to cut with the Graphtec.

I'm using FlexiPrint HP basic that came with the printer. It doesn't put the registration marks on the print in this version. you have to spend an extra $1200 to have the premium to be able to cut and print.

JoeBoomer

I'm using FlexiPrint HP basic that came with the printer. It doesn't put the registration marks on the print in this version. you have to spend an extra $1200 to have the premium to be able to cut and print.

Get Cutting Master 3 for Illustrator and be done with it. It's free, you can print/cut or just cut.

gower15

Get Cutting Master 3 for Illustrator and be done with it. It's free, you can print/cut or just cut.

I have it in Illustrator and when I select on the registration marks, the box doesn't open to select the marks.

I have a cut line around the decal that I would like to cut.

Dennis422

Download Cutting Master 3 from Graphtec's website. Install it (Illustrator plug-in).
It will be added to illustrator and you will be access it through your Edit menu in Illustrator.
Add registration marks before you send it to print.
After it is printed, scan the marks with the cutter and it will cut where you need it.