• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec Plotter controller not recognizing Graphtec FC7000MK2-75

Msrae

Rae
I recently had my old computer running windows 8 crash on me. I had a to do a complete restore. Now I can't get the downloaded Graphtec plotter controller to communicate. I get this error message.
---------------------------
Graphtec Cutting Plotter Controller
The specified plotter model is not supported. The Graphtec Cutting Plotter Controller can only be launched for supported plotter models.
Or, if the connected plotter is Craft ROBO-Pro, the Controller can only be launched if the firmware version is Ver. 7.00 or later.
The firmware version number is displayed for several seconds on the plotter's LCD when the power is first turned on. [code = 1009]
OK

I have tried unistalling and re-installing the software it but that didn't work. Then magically it worked.... once.. and now it is not working again. Any ideas on why I keep getting this error message? It always worked great with my plotter before the crash.

I did contact Graphtec support but the e-mail I got was:

"Usually that means the driver did not install successfully. My best advice would be to reinstall the driver however flexi should have the driver and you shouldn’t actually need to install it nor do you need to controller to operate the plotter."

I do have Flexi 10, but I like the graphtec controller much better as it has many more functions for the plotter itself, such as all of my preset media types with the correct pressure etc. I can't seem to find anything like that with the flexi software.

Any help troubleshooting this would be great.

Thank you in advance.

Rachel