• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grimco and Orafol

As many of you may know, Grimco and Orafol (Oracal) had a bitter relationship and Grimco was not able to carry Orafol products. Well, with a buyout of Proveer Canada and Grimco under different management these days, they will now be carrying Orafol products. I was notified of this earlier last week and didn't post it because I figured someone else already would have posted it here. Anyway, they said they should start picking up the Orafol line of products around April of this year, but I don't know if it will be printed in the upcoming catalog yet.

TomK

As many of you may know, Grimco and Orafol (Oracal) had a bitter relationship and Grimco was not able to carry Orafol products. Well, with a buyout of Proveer Canada and Grimco under different management these days, they will now be carrying Orafol products. I was notified of this earlier last week and didn't post it because I figured someone else already would have posted it here. Anyway, they said they should start picking up the Orafol line of products around April of this year, but I don't know if it will be printed in the upcoming catalog yet.

This is indeed good news! I hope their pricing is competitive, I'd like to shorten my vendor list (advantage, uscutter, signwarehouse, fellers, grimco, etc) and send more to Grimco if they are competitive on Oracal.

I normally get stuff next day from Grimco in my area, at little to no shipping cost (they have their own drivers in my area).

phototec

That is REALLY GOOD news I hope it's true, I have not heard anything yet from my GRIMCO supplier in Austin TEXAS.

They have FREE shipping that beats US Cutter and SignWarehouse, I'm still mad with SignWarehouse for lying to me and changing their promise to me. I purchased a Graphtec plotter/cutter from them back in 2001 and they said I would receive FREE shipping on all vinyl purchases for the life of the Graphtec, well the Graphtec is still going, but SW has not kept their word, they started charging me shipping years ago, so I try and purchase all I can from GRIMCO with FREE shipping and I never purchased any equipment from them....

Oh, did I mention I LOVE me some Oracal.....

floater302

That is REALLY GOOD news I hope it's true, I have not heard anything yet from my GRIMCO supplier in Austin TEXAS.

They have FREE shipping that beats US Cutter and SignWarehouse, I'm still mad with SignWarehouse for lying to me and changing their promise to me. I purchased a Graphtec plotter/cutter from them back in 2001 and they said I would receive FREE shipping on all vinyl purchases for the life of the Graphtec, well the Graphtec is still going, but SW has not kept their word, they started charging me shipping years ago, so I try and purchase all I can from GRIMCO with FREE shipping and I never purchased any equipment from them....

LOL I was banned from Signwarehouse when i confronted them about lying to me, Grimco is the best and the will beat any price out there.

player

In Toronto it was originally East West Plastics ---> Provier ----> Grimco Canada.

Problem is they cannot get anything shipped out without a mistake or some kind of damage.

Kottwitz-Graphics

I like Grimco's online ordering, and my sales rep, Scott, works his a$$ off for me, but I feel like I got screwed late last year. I ordered some vinyl, including an outdoor durable brushed silver. I called and got a price from Scott, and ordered it, and paid for it. A day or two later, I get a call from some girl, and they ran into a problem with their supplier, and if I wanted it in the promised time frame, I was going to have to pay another $30, or wait a month to a month and a half to get it.... and she had the nerve to say that it wasn't their fault, and why should they cover the additional expense?

I pulled the entire order, and bought from another vendor, and haven't ordered anything since.

Zac

Mediocre Designer
I was just talking to my sales rep, Erin, earlier about them needing to carry vinyl and she said something might be in the works. Good to know something may materialize!

Kottwitz-Graphics

I will not use Grimco. No local reps and they have a $500 minimum. Not worth it.

And I thought I was getting shafted.... I got free shipping on anything over $100. But, they were trying to earn my business from Fellers, and pretty much matched or beat prices. The only short fall was they won't offer vinyl by the yard, which I know I pay a premium for, but it beats stocking 9 yards of some odd ball color.

Zac

Mediocre Designer
I will not use Grimco. No local reps and they have a $500 minimum. Not worth it.

We do 10's of thousands of dollars with them a year and get free shipping over $100. But we also get a 4% discount for our franchise, so I guess we just have the hookup. They also matched all the pricing that GSG was beating them on.

In other news, my rep did confirm the Orafol rumor is true.

Same here. They are a great company with great products. I like the fact that they only produce adhesive vinyl products and adhesive tapes, whereas 3M and Avery produce everything under the sun. I'd rather deal with companies like Orafol who specialize in one thing and aren't diversified.

asd

my grimco sucks out of denver, if its not white, black, cardinal red or sapphire blue they don't have anything in stock and it has to come from somewhere at 3 or 4 days away

phototec

we do 10's of thousands of dollars with them a year and get free shipping over $100. But we also get a 4% discount for our franchise, so i guess we just have the hookup. They also matched all the pricing that gsg was beating them on.

In other news, my rep did confirm the orafol rumor is true.

yea!

C

a

n'

t

w

a

i

t

phototec

my grimco sucks out of denver, if its not white, black, cardinal red or sapphire blue they don't have anything in stock and it has to come from somewhere at 3 or 4 days away

Really can't blame them, they just don't have enough space to stock more than the basic colors, lol...

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself....

Attachments

• Grimco Denver.jpg
    Grimco Denver.jpg
    519.3 KB · Views: 342

JMPrinting

Grimco is great, Columbus staff is fantastic. I use fellers for small orders with little bit of vinyl and they have good pricing on tools and things. I'm an oracal fan so even better that they carry.

I get get great pricing with both Grimco and Fellers. Just get a rep and barter pricing back and fourth. I think I have my R conform tape down to like $64 for 24"

Zac

Mediocre Designer
Grimco is great, Columbus staff is fantastic. I use fellers for small orders with little bit of vinyl and they have good pricing on tools and things. I'm an oracal fan so even better that they carry.

I get get great pricing with both Grimco and Fellers. Just get a rep and barter pricing back and fourth. I think I have my R conform tape down to like $64 for 24"

Speaking of bartering pricing. My Fellers rep called me after I made a stink about the CheetahWrap pricing and Fellers not matching it. For a roll of 60" 1080, CheetahWrap sells for 525 shipped. I asked my Grimco rep what she could do, hit me back with 513.xx, the Fellers rep who called said he'd beat any Grimco pricing and said he'd give it to me for 510. I'll be sticking with Grimco because of Frank Fellers, but this is literally how I've saved us 40% on all of our substrates between making GSG/Grimco/Fellers all fight for our business.

ams

Scott from Grimco called me yesterday, nice guy. Apparently the $500 minimum was for substrates because they don't deliver to my area but are working on making a route in the future.
Since they haven't started selling the Oracal brand yet, I can't use them yet, but I do have a job for them to silk screen already. Perhaps I will start using them in the future, depends on pricing and minimum/delivery speed. :thumb: