• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Has anyone tried to print to this material???

Chasez

I'm looking at alternate options and wondering if anyone has tried solvent printing to the Arlon/Calon 3200G optically clear laminate??? Is this material easy to use?

Also looking for any solvent printable optically clear materials. I have tried:
3M 8150 - prints great but comes expensive price tag
Oraguard 290GF - Has silicate on face so not printable
General formulations concept 255 - not quite optically clear, still has a very very slight haze/wave to it

Any and all suggestions on materials are much appreciated.

Chaz

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
GFC used to offer an optically clear that worked pretty good. Can't recall the part number.
The 3M is pricey, but it's the best I've come across.

qmr55

How about 3M 40C-114R?

Not sure if it is optically clear, but it is sold as clear vinyl and is printable and way cheaper than 8150.

Call your supplier and ask for a sample.

Chasez

How about 3M 40C-114R?

Not sure if it is optically clear, but it is sold as clear vinyl and is printable and way cheaper than 8150.

Call your supplier and ask for a sample.

Still just a clear material and not optically clear.

Chaz

Chasez

Not sure i understand...Clear vinyl with clear adhesive is not optically clear? (educate me, what is the difference I do not know)

Clear material is clear but the adhesive is a bit fuzzy/hazy so when you look through it you can not see clearly through it because it looks fuzzy; where an optically clear material has optically clear adhesive so when you look through it you can see right through it as if you weren't looking through anything at all.

Chaz

HecklnDecalr

we use Arlon 4500 Gloss and Laminate with the same. Works great...looks great. We have solvent printed on it as well as latex.