• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP PLEASE!!!

Garyr2973

I have a customer that wants this image cut from vinyl. I have tried to refine the edges in photoshop, I have tried to go in and erase some of the border and I cannot get this image to cut smoothly. it seems like the cutter is trying to cut the jagged pixels out instead of seeing it as a solid line. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Attachments

• bw 210  Infantry (1).gif
    bw 210 Infantry (1).gif
    15.3 KB · Views: 3,751

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't know what all the dots are on the barrel, but take it into Illy and try an image trace and expand. Enlarge it first in Photoshop and try to clean up some of the pixels, then place it in Illy.

dale911

President
I ran it through Vector magic and it took care of most of your problems. Now you need to go in and clean up the junk from all the dots on the barrel.

Attachments

• bw 210 Infantry rough vector.pdf
    114.6 KB · Views: 298

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
You probably need to create a vector cut path over your bitmap image. There are plenty of India based companies that will do it for very cheap.

Garyr2973

I'm sorry guys. Thanks for all your help but I guess what is going on is that with the VECTOR the way it is, it's cutting both sides. is there a way to edit the image to make it one thin vector instead of that super thick vector?

Billct2

If it's already a vector file and you are having issues it's probably a combination of double cut lines and bad paths.
Ungroup and select a few of the problem lines and delete, see if there is still a cut line there when you do that.
If there is you will have to check all the problem areas. Other than that it's just the tedious job of editing the paths.
The Vector Doctor is my solution when I'm busy and don't have time to do it myself.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Plotters see a fill with a stroke/outline as two cuts, one for the fill and one for the outline. Raster image can be cut to shape if set up right. As stated do a quick trace only for the outer boundary and overlay it over the image. Delete any stuff you don't need inside and clean up the nodes too. The blade on the plotter will see every node as a "pause and do something" so the more nodes the more "chatter" you hear and it will slow the cut process.You'll need to bend the lines here and there to get it the way you want.

Sando

18 Years and Counting...
It takes practice but ultimately the pen tool becomes your best friend, even in photoshop for making selections.

jtiii

Beautiful day, great to be alive!
I'm sorry guys. Thanks for all your help but I guess what is going on is that with the VECTOR the way it is, it's cutting both sides. is there a way to edit the image to make it one thin vector instead of that super thick vector?
Gary, are you trying to do a print and cut? So you just want the outside of the graphic to cut?

jtiii

Beautiful day, great to be alive!
If it's already a vector file and you are having issues it's probably a combination of double cut lines and bad paths.
Ungroup and select a few of the problem lines and delete, see if there is still a cut line there when you do that.
If there is you will have to check all the problem areas.

Pro Tip (hey shut up I swear I get paid for this!) - For weird stuff like bad paths, double cut lines, etc., if there's enough of them we'll sometimes convert the whole thing to a high res raster and then turn right around and autotrace it.

Hardly ever have need for this, but every so often it saves us a ton of time and frustration. Obviously not precise enough to do part of a multi-color vinyl job, but precise enough to do the WHOLE job...

S'N'S

Not sure what you mean ... are you saying the outline of the rifles is too thick?
I was bored so cleaned them up a bit.

Attachments

• Rifles2.pdf
    13.4 KB · Views: 250