• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with a sign stand

papabud

Lone Wolf
So i have a customer that came to me with a could we idea.
He is using a large self made wooden easel. this is made up with 6x2 framing with some support pieces.
What he would like is something along the same lines but made out of a clear plastic type material.
this needs to support about 100# in total weight. as an added bonus he said it would be cool if we could add come led's to it to make it glow blue.
not something i have ever even considered. so i was thinking i could order solid planks and build it, or i could order sheets and build a hollow frame for it.
this is a pie in the sky dream. not sure if price wise it would even be practical. But i do enjoy finding these odd challenges entertaining.
so my big question is. is there a decent cost effective material i could use for pricing.
i haven't gotten in to it any more than just a basic we could try this or this. the full details and plans have not even been started yet. I guess it all depends on the material and how i decide it should be constructed.

Billct2

Doable but $$$$$$. I can't think of anything besides acrylic that would work but maybe there is someone here who has an alternative. Other than that I'd call our local plastic warehouse to see if they had a suggestion.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
I'd think polycarbonate would be more durable, but good lord- the price.
How about using small u-channel aluminum extrusion and running LEDs inside it (lens on the front)? Or is the guy wanting the whole thing to glow?