• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Helping Out For A Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
Imagine yourself as 15 wanting to play sports or in my case try out for Cheerleading and when getting your physical they tell you that they cannot clear you your blood pressure is extremely high. You go see your family Doctor, they order tests but then the next day your mom gets a call saying she is to take you immediately to the hospital..... you are to be admitted! You think wait a minute I'm healthy, I feel alright. These people are crazy there is nothing wrong with me.
But that was not the case and that was how I learned I had a Disease called Membranoproliferative Glomerulonephritis (MPGN) a very rare disease that attacks your kidneys.After several tests were done, a biopsy confirmed that not only did I have this disease my kidneys did not work and only functioned at 14 percent.
The next visit from the Doctor brought me more unbelieveable news. I remember that day as if it was an hour ago...my mom, stepdad and I sat there in shock when they said I would need dialysis for the rest of my life and that the only other option is a kidney transplant.

So here I am 4 months later, I have no function in my kidneys left. I am in End Stage Renal Disease. I get dialysis 3 time a week for 3 hours, I'm limited to what I can eat and drink. I take several medications two times a day. Yesterday we went to Phoenix Childrens Hospital to see if I would be a good candidate for a kidney transplant & guess what !? I am !!! I am so ready and can't wait for it! I hope I find a new one soon! Any Type O blood types wanna be a donor?!

I decided to start this gofundme because I know my Mom and Stepdad will need help financially. They are not the type that will ask for help ...especially my Mom. She is like my best friend and I know her well, she does her best to not let me see her worry but I know she does. My mom works a lot and I know she is worried about the expenses that she will have when I get my transplant, we will need to stay in Phoenix for about 2 months bc I will have many doctor visits and need to be close by. Not only is a kidney transplant expensive, the medicines I have to take after the transplant are too.
All the money that is raised will go towards helping my family take care of me.

I dont know why this has happened to me but I want everyone to know that I am a fighter, I am strong and I want to let people know that just because something bad happens there is good that will come out of it! For example....I now know that I want to help people and be a dialysis nurse and let kids know that everything will be okay!

Thank you for your help!

Love,
Robin

Click here to support Kidney transplant fund for Robin ! by Robin Schrader

Status
Not open for further replies.