• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to bring a font from font manager

ironchef

hey guys, i downloaded a font, installed it, and i see it in the font manager, but not in corel draw. how do i have it show up on the font list inside of corel draw x8?
also does anyone else have issues with x8? i have windows 10 64bit, with 32 gb ram, 4gb graphics card, ssd drive, intel i7. but its still super laggy, i get crashes, sometimes things dont want to convert to curves, the interactive fill tool is super confusing, i wish it was like x6 where a separate box pops up.
and alot more stuff i cant think of now? any ideas?

Pippin Decals

sometimes you have to re-open your software for the program to know its been added,I have to do it with ai and my scalps software. I have corel x7 and never really liked it. so i went with Ai cs6 and then to ai cc and with scalps( sure cuts a lot 4 pro) and never an issue now. And i had the free upgrade to windows 10 but denied it due to people having issues with software and programs not working correctly or at all.
so i stayed at windows 8.1 64bit 2 gb graphics, 1 tb ssd drive, intel 7 quad lenovo w550s.

ironchef

well corel is acting up, i just downloaded the upgrade last week. it crashes on me sometimes, takes forever to save (10 seconds) and thats small files. it lags on me while im working on it, its kind of frustrating. and i dont think its my pc, i have intel i7, 32gb ram, 4gb graphics, ssd and hhd. i dont understand, my pc performs awesome except in corel.

mfatty500

I uninstalled Font navigator from Corel because everytime I used it it would delete fonts and change them EVERYTIME I used it. I now use Nexus font navigator.

Pippin Decals

Thats why i went over to Ai cs6 and i also ave Ai cc. easy to work with and learn. if interested send me a Pm. and i can tell you how to see how it works on my pc live.

well corel is acting up, i just downloaded the upgrade last week. it crashes on me sometimes, takes forever to save (10 seconds) and thats small files. it lags on me while im working on it, its kind of frustrating. and i dont think its my pc, i have intel i7, 32gb ram, 4gb graphics, ssd and hhd. i dont understand, my pc performs awesome except in corel.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
The performance of CorelDRAW X8 can be affected greatly by the amount of fonts being filtered or not by Corel's new font manager. I have a pretty big font collection. If I let Corel Font Manager X8 see the entire master folder and let CorelDRAW X8 see fonts of all types, installed and not installed, it really slows X8 to a crawl. I'll click the little tornado shaped icon at the top of the font menu to bring out the filter options menu to the right and un-check everything I don't need. Filtering everything down to just installed fonts and perhaps showing only OpenType fonts will speed things up noticeably. Toggling off the preview at the bottom of the fonts drop down menu will also boost performance a little.

Still, it takes CorelDRAW X8 way way too long to open .CDR files saved in X8 format. It's pretty excruciating. Files saved down to earlier versions like X3 or X6 open much faster.

Morph1

Print all
I got over 2400 fonts installed in windows 7x64 , running corel X6 with not a single problem, corel draw is as snappy as ever...
mind you I got intel i7 -6 core with 32 gigs of ram workstation. I also work in x7 and do not see much difference other than a bit lag with fountain fill and also when I open the font window...