• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp L26500 - Reinstall Printhead Errors Keep Happening.

Pat Whatley

Our HP latex printed has developed this ugly new habit of stopping in the middle of a print job and giving us the error message to "reinstall printhead". The exact printhead is completely random. Replacing the heads hasn't stopped the problem. Cleaning the contact strips in the carriage didn't help.

The error message IS NOT to replace the printhead (even though we tried that), it is to pull it out and stick it back in. It will give us the message to pull out the magenta, we'll do it, printer will work fine for an hour then we get a message to do the same to the black....then a couple of hours later a cyan.

The only info we can find is to use the HP tool and pads to clean the contacts but that doesn't seem to help.

Anybody have any clue?

I had a similar problem with my 25500. I fought it forever and by the time it was all said and done I replaced the heads, ribbon cables and carriage PC board. I think the only thing I really needed to replace was the PC board, but of course that was the last thing I tried after swapping everything else.

MikePro

that sucks. everytime i've gotten that message on my 26500, i've just removed & reseated the printhead.
One time I got the error again immediately after, and simply pressed hard on the ink-input-side of the printhead, without reinstalling, and it worked like a charm!

shootin' from the hip, as I have yet to fully embrace the tech-knowHow. of my hp26500 like I did my mimaki jv3, maybe its a gunky sensor/trigger opposite that of the contact strip?

Asuma01

From my experiences,
Its dirty contact strips. But since it seems you have ruled that out... It can be from humidity build up. Sometimes adjusting the heating temperatures and fan speeds can help with this issue.

tomence

I had the same problem, and they replaced the whole print head carriage assembly, and since than had no problems.

Christian @ 2CT Media

It's not the printhead, it's mostly due to the ribbon cables the heads contact getting stretched or the retaining clip breaking.

You can try pushing on the top part of ribbon cable that is perpendicular to the slot, this causes the ribbon to lift up while you insert the head to get proper alignment.