• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I got UV printers, Large format printers etc | Now what?

Analytics_702

I recently purchased a small company and ending up with some printers etc that was used for prototyping. (Packaging).

I dont want to sell it since I like the idea of being able to make prototypes when needed. Having said that I like to learn more about what I can use this equipment for. That is the reason I joined Signs101.

Anyone with idea of how I could get use of it is much appreciated. It not my main business dont need to make a full time job out of it but just learn and make a few bucks would be great. Maybe sub contract some work?

This is what I have:

2 X Mimaki UV printers 6042
1 x Roland 540 VS
1 X 54" Plotter
1 X Cold 60" Laminator
1 X hot press

Thank you for a great forum.

Cheers

Matt

jaylem

think about how much volume you might run...

you probably need to print 10-15 sq ft per machine, 3 days a week in order to keep the printers healthy. Otherwise, sell 'em.

dale911

President
He is right. If they don't run enough, the heads clog and may need to be replaced for thousands of dollars. The inks also expire and shut down the machine until you change it. They are over $100 per cartridge. The machines aren't easy for someone who knows little to nothing to just start running with. My first machine cost me tons of money just in bad wrong prints as I was learning. Any sales rep will tell you how easy it is and all the money you will make but that's so they can sell machines. Liquidating these items will likely put more cash in your pocket than you will make on them in 5 years that you can use for other business stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk