• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need info on wholesalers of LED Display signs out there? How much do they cost?

TheFlash

We do a lot of illuminated aluminum cabinet signs at my sign shop, but I've been approached numerous times about outdoor LED display signs. I've been trying to find someone who makes these so I can re-sell and install, but holy cow they're expensive. I've contacted a few companies and have been given prices averaging around $14,000 for a 16mm, 2-sided, 80" x 40" sign. Is this a fair wholesale price for me to pay? It seems high, as if I mark this up, I will always be out-bid. Any input you will share with me is appreciated. Any referrals to a distributor are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Doc Savage

ThinksSign and DacTronics are the ones we use in our shop. The Dac boards are about as high quality and easiest to use but are also the most expensive with the low end at about $12,000 and the high end at about $28,000. ThinkSiign is cheaper with the low end at about $7,000 and the high end at about $22,000. The ThinkSign units are not built as well and tend to be bigger and bulkier than any others. They are also not as user friendly when it comes to installing them.

Hicalibersigns

Daktronics does produce a high quality product. They will also compete against you. This is documented over and over. Contact Deacon Wardlow <deacon@vantageled.com> at Vantage LED. They are a wholesale operation, and don't compete against you for the same jobs. Very high quality product. Very principled.

MikePro

prices sound about right.
not gonna get much better pricing/product than daktronics or watchfire, unless you start shipping em in from china yourself :)

Last edited:

Thesignexpress

We do a lot of illuminated aluminum cabinet signs at my sign shop, but I've been approached numerous times about outdoor LED display signs. I've been trying to find someone who makes these so I can re-sell and install, but holy cow they're expensive. I've contacted a few companies and have been given prices averaging around $14,000 for a 16mm, 2-sided, 80" x 40" sign. Is this a fair wholesale price for me to pay? It seems high, as if I mark this up, I will always be out-bid. Any input you will share with me is appreciated. Any referrals to a distributor are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Have you found a company that will supply you LEDs at a better price?

Gilligan

I found the same thing that TheFlash found.

Am I missing something? Are these little mom and pop groceries and other places paying that much (more I guess since I assume you guys aren't installing them for free)?

What are you guys selling them to the customers for? What is the sales pitch that closes that sale? I mean, I can't justify that price for my own shopping center!

What am I missing?

Devon19515

Watchfire all the way. Dak has screwed over too many people.

Stick with American Made and you will have less headache.
Most of the other companies import parts and assemble.