• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is this a blade offset issue?

joelswork

It's been so long since I've cut anything I just can't remember! I'm on the install side now but this is a favor to me for a little project but the corners are jacked and the circles don't quite match up causing difficult weeding... it is all 1/8" objects so it's a lot smaller than what the shop generally runs

Attachments

• IMG_0781.jpg
    IMG_0781.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:

Pippin Decals

looks like offset to me..Seen this on another forum im part of and i was able to help the guy.He had played with his settings etc and luckily he was using the same software.so i just sent him an image of mine and it fixed it easily..what software are you using?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looks like it to me.
What brand of cutter are you running & what software?

wayne k
guam usa

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Offset, once set, remains set. Unless you've changed to blades of a design different to those you were using when the blade offset was originally specified or you arbitrarily diddled your plotter's offset specification then this is not a blade offset problem.

More likely it's a tool carriage and blade up/down mechanism contamination problem. Blow the accumulated dust and crud out of the tool carriage and blade positioning tackle.

S'N'S

Offset ... which when set properly will square off those corners and finish the cut on circles.
Some cutting programs will allow " overcut to be selected" which will finish slightly past the start of cut.
Would make it easier if we knew what cutter and cutting program.
Also, if I'm cutting very small stuff, I either use a brand new blade or one with a finer point.

joelswork

sorry eveyone, the semester started and work at the shop picked up. The file was run on our gerber , and both graphtech plotters with similar results. This seems to tell me that its the composer software that need the offset changed. We do mostly fleet stuff so it really wasn't an issue on 2" letters but If I can make the weed room ladies life easier then its worth it to try to fix :)

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Just a little note on offset settings: Offset is the physical distance between the tip of the blade and the center of the shaft usually measured in less than a mm. The offset setting should be indicated on the blade packaging. If you have to change the offset to a different setting that is indicated for that blade, either your blade is broken or it is too far out or in.

97GTB

Check the cutting strip if its fairly worn will cause hell with small and fine detail, also decrease your cut speed can help.