• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Issues with Omega 5.0 and Graphtec 7000-100

ElCroix

Yesterday we had IT come in and change out our computers and since then whenever I try to cut a job the plotter changes from cut to pen. Anyone have any idea what might be happening or have some advice? The plotter still cuts in test mode but changes to pen whenever I try to cut a job. Thanks in advance.

Jburns

check your plotter - I had the same one - and make sure commands settings for pressure, speed pen etc. is on the plotter itself, not taken from the computer. I cant recall the command menu location.

euronymous

You probably accidentally sent a pen mode job from Gerber. Used to do this all the time on our FC8600... Just turn the machine off and on again and you should be good to go. Could never find an option to switch back, restarting always solved the issue for me.

signgirl

My FC7000 does the same thing but seems to cut fine...this plotter has been nothing but a pain since day one

ElCroix

You probably accidentally sent a pen mode job from Gerber. Used to do this all the time on our FC8600... Just turn the machine off and on again and you should be good to go. Could never find an option to switch back, restarting always solved the issue for me.

I've sent multiple jobs, turned it on and off, changed and rechanged settings and no matter what we send it changes to pen right before it should start to cut. Have been using this thing for years and never had an issue until now.