• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JFX200-2531 or Oce Arizona 360XT

Bly

We all know you can get a lemon & unfortunately Pica sounds like he has an expensive one.
I've had good luck with my used Oce to date but support is the secret.
If you aren't getting that for the premium they charge I'd be p1ssed off too.
We have two HP 360s. One had been solid as a rock, the other has had minor problems from day one.
At the moment it's waiting for parts. The optimiser fluid leaked out all through the carriage, ruining all the heads.

Pica Grove

What are the costs of you ink heads? We were charged $4500 then I found and online source for $2500 and right now they are having a discounted sale. If you need 10 ink heads I suggest buying them yourself. They are Oce parts, not third party.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I think Canon at your end of the woods are useless.
For reference i have a 480XT at i print large glass panels that get viewed 600mm away and are perfect. banding shows on glass easiest.

P.s i wouldnt be changing print heads on your own on the Arizona. they need to be aligned with software and their key or you'll get banding.
Yes the machine is quite locked down, you can change most things but cannot calibrate it as in align stuff.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Unfortunately I'm going to be on Pauly and Bly's side with this one. I think your service techs are the issue here.
We do not get banding on flat panel prints, glass included. We print in Production, Quality and Fine Art modes all the time (High Def is too slow to be productive).
Along with Pauly, we did some glass prints last week and there is absolutely zero banding. You can begin to see individual ink droplets around the 10"-12" distance, but no banding.
Printing on R2R can occasionally give us some mild gloss banding but there are ways to adjust the lamps to correct that as well (no leading lamp, mid-power trailing lamp).
I made the mistake of attempting to print on acrylic at too high lamp value *once* and the panel bowed in the middle nearly causing a strike. We pulled it back to the lowest setting and the issue went away.

KevSign

We got used 2014 OCE 660XT 65,000 sq. ft. printed with 3 months and using Lipla ink, This FastSign own this printer with 256ink and they was hated, because missing nozzles, banding. Lipla ink help ink stick better, one or two clean and ready to print. Checkout some of OCE 350GT & OCE 660XT with Lipla ink below.

K&L Wide Format Digital Printing

Last edited:

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
We got used 2014 OCE 660XT 65,000 sq. ft. printed with 3 months and using Lipla ink, This FastSign own this printer with 256ink and they was hated, because missing nozzles, banding. Lipla ink help ink stick better, one or two clean and ready to print. Checkout some of OCE 350GT & OCE 660XT with Lipla ink below.

K&L Wide Format Digital Printing

i use 256 inks on a 480xt. no banding. nothing. i swear its people who don't look after their machines who always have problems.

thomlov

To be fair the 480 and the 660 has different head configurations. The 660 can print banding free, but only in slower speeds.

I had both, upgraded from the 460 to the 660 to be able to produce faster. But in the end i had to produce at fine art or quality smooth to be able to get banding free prints, resulting in the same print speeds that my 460 had.

I was way more happy with the 460 than the 660, but it was way too slow, and the 660 didnt help the situation.