• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

just got email

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Wow, that's a good deal.

I think they're jumping on Gerber's bandwagon of offering Omega 5 print/cut at an awesome price when you upgrade from Graphix Advantage.

Lots of people are "on the bubble" for making software decisions and end-of-year purchases. Sounds like Black Friday came a bit early.

Do you know what software qualifies for this special pricing? (I'm guessing it needs to be one of their major competitors like Gerber or Flexi instead of a generic or bare-bones bridge software).

JB

James Burke

'Tis true...'tis true. I just got off the phone with CadLink. They don't have an exhaustive list of competitors products, but he did mention Adobe or Corel software was eligible for the "cross-grade". He said this offer just started and will run until the end of the year.

JB

David Wright

Allowing Corel or Adobe as cross grades is giving it away.
At least from the stand point of us who have heavily invested in it over the years.

James Burke

Allowing Corel or Adobe as cross grades is giving it away.
At least from the stand point of us who have heavily invested in it over the years.

I believe the ones who recently paid full price for it might be a bit grumpy right about now.

Per the email I received just a few minutes ago:

"The program includes a Free Pantone Color Match module (Value $150) and a Free Fluid Mask module (value $199). It comes with 6 months of free Tech Support – which you can extend by a full year for 18 months of coverage for $99 when you purchase (regular $200)."

JB.

David Wright

I believe the ones who recently paid full price for it might be a bit grumpy right about now.

Per the email I received just a few minutes ago:

"The program includes a Free Pantone Color Match module (Value $150) and a Free Fluid Mask module (value $199). It comes with 6 months of free Tech Support – which you can extend by a full year for 18 months of coverage for $99 when you purchase (regular $200)."

JB.

Didn't get those goodies when I upgrade a few years ago for $750.
What did I get, upgrade from version 7 to 9.
Been a user for around 20 years now, like I said, a lot invested with add on modules and upgrades.

James Burke

Didn't get those goodies when I upgrade a few years ago for $750.
What did I get, upgrade from version 7 to 9.
Been a user for around 20 years now, like I said, a lot invested with add on modules and upgrades.

I've only been a SL user for almost ten years. Ditto here - no special incentives then. I inquired about upgrading a couple of months ago (even got a quote from my sales rep) but I got busy and just let it sit. Kinda glad I did, though.

I'm jumping in before they change their mind.

JB

James Burke

Also my software just got devalued. If I wanted to sell it now, good luck.

In a way, I think you might be right, but it can also work toward our benefit.

I'm a current SL8 user, but I also use Omega 5, Illy CS5, PSCS6 and Corel X6. (Our work is diverse enough to where we use all of them because each has its own set of strengths and weaknesses). We're looking at setting up another division and I see this opportunity as somewhat of a "loyalty bonus" since we're not totally jumping ship.

I do, however, think it might be in their best interests if they also extended that courtesy by allowing current SL users to buy a copy of print / cut at that price.

JB

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
So anyone who has been using it - how do you like the RIP for eco solvent printing?
I have only used Flexi as a RIP & do not care for it much.
Wanting to hear a few user stories before giving the demo a run.

wayne k
guam usa

James Burke

the demo is taking forever to download.:banghead:

It does take a bit to download, be patient. You will need to be connected to the internet each time you launch it since it doesn't use a dongle. I believe it has cut/print capabilities, but it randomly scales each output differently so you can't use it for anything productive...just testing.

JB

James Burke

+how is the print section activated?

I believe the demo download includes all versions of SignLab. Click on the Windows start button for the program menu (SignLab folder). Then choose which version you want to open.

JB

player

If I get this with Corel as the upgrading program, do I get the full blown design, rip, print, cut package?

How is Signlab? Is it a good progy?

James Burke

Attached is a .pdf explaining the full details of the promo.

JB

Attachments

• SignLab Promo.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 229

OldPaint

one of sign labs best features...........NODE EDITING............ the way it works is better then any other program.