• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

jv33 bible.

petesign

Meh, that page keeps freezing up my browser. I'll keep trying to get to it though, that's extremely cool of you to share.

Thanks!:U Rock:

*edit* worked the second time, just had to hit stop before it loaded all the ads on the page. Thanks again!

Artgunner

This is a must for JV33 owners! This needs to be stickied so it won't be lost in all the threads. Many thanks Artbot for sharing!

Spent a good portion of yesterday looking at and understanding these files. I have not seen any info pertaining to the switches on the backs of the ink cartridges though. I saw drawings and info on the connection of four color system.

These switches open and close ink to supply the dampers. I have asked the question on another thread about these but did not get an answer that I was looking for. Do we have any info on these switches?

Vinylman

Switches

the switches in question are electronic. They can be opened and closed from inside the service menu, available by using the control panel on the front of you machine.
You will need to get into the service mode.

thewood

Very cool, artbot! Many thanks. I haven't had the time to sift through it all yet, but I know it will come in handy in the future.

:U Rock:

BoF

figure out one that does and i will reupload.

:U Rock::thankyou:
I tried it later in the day and it worked ... Go figure.

Thanks for making this available, as its just the sort of thing I need..

If anything about JV33/JV5 parameters, firmware and assscociated bullitines and firmware uploader comes into your possesion......

MixMaker

My virus protection software is telling me this file is a threat. Any way it has been corrupted? Is there a link to it somewhere else?

Hi guys, I have an Error 200 Head Memory on my JV33 160BS and I have done all i could by changing the Flex cable from slider board to the print head. The problem happened after i tried filling up the ink for Magenta. Do anybody have a suggestion?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
If you replaced the short cable from the slider to the head that leaves you several other possible areas where the problem could be. The slider board itself might have a component gone bad, the long flex cable bundle between the slider and main board, the main board could have a component gone bad, or the printhead is bad. In the files for the machine this thread is about is an electrical troubleshooting document which will give specifics on testing the slider and main boards.