• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Keep getting a false error about out of magenta (slot 3) on Roland SP-540V?

phototec

Keep getting a false error about out of magenta (slot 3) on Roland SP-540V?

Printer beeps and stops printing and shows a blinking 3rd ink slot (magenta), however, the 440ml magenta ink cart is about half full.

I remove the ink cart and re-insert it and the printer prints as usual for about 10 minutes and then it gives the same error again.

Anyone ever have this issue? Know any fixes or how to prevent this from happening?

And yes I'm using Roland OEM Eco-Sol Max ink cartridges.

Thanks for any suggestion on this on going issue.

rjssigns

I have the same thing with mine. It's been better since I've started burnishing the chip contacts on the cart with blue jean material.
Another forum member said to clean the machine contacts with a pencil eraser. I still need to do that.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
On the SP series the ink chip isn't going to cause this kind of issue usually. The sensor that detects the cartridge and ink empty tab may be broken or misaligned. It is a very sensitive sensor and tends to flag the machine as empty or no cartridge when it is failing. It is two sensors but they are connected by a wire.

rjssigns

On the SP series the ink chip isn't going to cause this kind of issue usually. The sensor that detects the cartridge and ink empty tab may be broken or misaligned. It is a very sensitive sensor and tends to flag the machine as empty or no cartridge when it is failing. It is two sensors but they are connected by a wire.

If the sensor is the issue I imagine they'll need to be replaced. Do you sell the sensors?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I only have them for the Mutoh printers but I am willing to bet they are the same. I just haven't had a chance to test that theory yet.

BrianNg

Just raise or insert the ink cartridge by some soft foam to keep the cartridge firm contact with the sensor. When the sensor contact it's will continuing to print.;)