• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Know of a font similar to what the Texas Rangers use?

raider

Anyone know of something close to this?

Attachments

• jo9iqdpfki6nxdzynhfjlqse5.gif
    jo9iqdpfki6nxdzynhfjlqse5.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 799
I tried to help ya out and find something close on whatfontis.com and it came up with a ton of fonts that really weren't anywhere near close. The closest thing I can find that would even be a starting point is Beaufort. The serifs aren't angular and it doesn't have the additional Tuscan style serifs at the mid point, but it could be modified. A search for Tuscan and Western fonts turned up nothing helpful.

qmr55

It depends how close you want it to be, LHF Amarillo is the same styling if that's what you're looking for.

Vinylman

I would look to Baskerville® Ultra Bold with custom "diamonds" [squares rotated on a 45 degree angle] created in your graphic program and then add these in the appropriate areas of the lettering.

You might also be aware that the TEXAS RANGERS lettering is a copy write protected entity, and thus may well be custom created artwork that you can not use without express written permission of the Texas Rangers AND the baseball organizations.

After closer review, the "T" in the center of the team logo is different then the lettering in the overall shirt lettering.

raider

Thanks for all the input. It doesn't have to be the logo - just trying to get close. Will put the advice to work. Thanks again.

Jim Doggett

Are you trying to reproduce the logo or typeset matching fonts?

If it's the logo you're after, sometimes searching "PDF" at their Web site finds a vector version somewhere within their site. Often sports teams will bitmap them in online docs, but not always (wink wink)