• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

L5x0 Fam, IT'S HERE!

Sign.ed

Okay. I may be one of the few excited for this firmware but the new firmware is available to supposedly fix the heater 16:4x error.

Download

To install into your printer:
1. Download the Firmware file to your Desktop
2. Launch a browser and type the printer IP address
3. Go to the ‘Setup tab / Manual Firmware Update Tab
4. Select the firmware file on your Desktop and press ‘Update’

jayhawksigns

Our current printer has a beta version of that firmware. Hasn't thrown the 16.4x errors since it got it, but it didn't fix our other issues.

Sign.ed

Our current printer has a beta version of that firmware. Hasn't thrown the 16.4x errors since it got it, but it didn't fix our other issues.

It acknowledges that is does include other bug patches? Have you had any traction with the maintenance kit? I recently replaced mine and have not noticed any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayhawksigns

It acknowledges that is does include other bug patches? Have you had any traction with the maintenance kit? I recently replaced mine and have not noticed any issues.

It's still having that issue. Waiting to hear back on the next course of action from HP.

jayhawksigns

Seems like HP approves certain printers to automatically take the update, like a controlled rollout. Limits errors getting to everyone like with the version 4 firmware.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Sign.ed

Fixed the heater issue. However my "remaining time" feature has become wildly inaccurate. :(

I had a 2’ x 10’ banner estimated at 3.5 hours. I don't think you can even make this machine output that slow. Also had a “reasonable” time frame for print size, but counts were wildly inaccurate up to 20 seconds at time.

Last edited:

maximumapogee

Just asking, but how are your incoming voltage levels? And what temps are you printing at when the error occurs?

Our voltage at the outlet ranges from about 235V to 245V. I'm using a voltage regulator with 220V output, that fixes the problem. The temp is set to the lowest setting of 140 degrees.

jayhawksigns

Our voltage at the outlet ranges from about 235V to 245V. I'm using a voltage regulator with 220V output, that fixes the problem. The temp is set to the lowest setting of 140 degrees.
Only time that error happened to me was running banner at 4 pass at the highest heat setting. I don't think the power supplies inside the printer are to the spec they specified in their spec sheet for the printer.

maximumapogee

Only time that error happened to me was running banner at 4 pass at the highest heat setting. I don't think the power supplies inside the printer are to the spec they specified in their spec sheet for the printer.

What's your voltage?

What's the line number of your error from the event log? Mine is HeaterDeviceStormCuring.cpp:1827, maybe yours has a different cause.