• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Letterhead Fonts - anyone else having trouble ordering from this merchant?

Todd-sta

Anyone else having trouble placing an order on the Letterhead Fonts site?

Tried ordering some fonts a few weeks ago....I get this error, "access denied because of too many attempts."

What the heck????

So, I read up on the support section and it says my credit card info might need updating, etc and to check it out and correct it. Yet, there is no place I can navigate to...to see where that info is stored.

I sent an email to the merchant and got no response (maybe because I included my thoughts that I didn't think it appropriate to air his public dirty laundry in a pissing match with a particular customer who illegally used his font - while I agree with his premise. Whatever, it's his site he can do whatever he wants).....whatever the reason, I never heard squat.

So, I sent an email again this morning asking for a response.....we'll see if I get one. I have ordered 32 different fonts from Letterhead Fonts thus far and would like to order another 3 today.

I really wish they would have a contact phone number posted.....I hate not being able to call direct to talk to someone. I don't even know if my emails are going through.

GK

Anyone else having trouble placing an order on the Letterhead Fonts site?

Tried ordering some fonts a few weeks ago....I get this error, "access denied because of too many attempts."

What the heck????

So, I read up on the support section and it says my credit card info might need updating, etc and to check it out and correct it. Yet, there is no place I can navigate to...to see where that info is stored.

I sent an email to the merchant and got no response (maybe because I included my thoughts that I didn't think it appropriate to air his public dirty laundry in a pissing match with a particular customer who illegally used his font - while I agree with his premise. Whatever, it's his site he can do whatever he wants).....whatever the reason, I never heard squat.

So, I sent an email again this morning asking for a response.....we'll see if I get one. I have ordered 32 different fonts from Letterhead Fonts thus far and would like to order another 3 today.

I really wish they would have a contact phone number posted.....I hate not being able to call direct to talk to someone. I don't even know if my emails are going through.

No problems, just make sure all of your software is compatible with their new download format. You aren't downloading fonts anymore that you put in your fonts folder nor can you manage them with a font manager, they reside in your systems memory and not physically on the hard drive making it a real PITA to justify buying any of their new stuff.

Todd-sta

You aren't downloading fonts anymore that you put in your fonts folder nor can you manage them with a font manager, they reside in your systems memory and not physically on the hard drive making it a real PITA to justify buying any of their new stuff.

Huh? What is the purpose of that??

I thought they were Open Type fonts? Aren't those just regular fonts? I have them in my Font Management software....

Maybe I should convert them all to curves and burn them to a disk in case I have some issue with my pc down the line.

weaselboogie

I understand about piracy issues, but I'm not a fan of how the font is installed on your system.

PITA. I'd like an old fashioned ttf or otf, instead of a program.

GK

Huh? What is the purpose of that??

I thought they were Open Type fonts? Aren't those just regular fonts? I have them in my Font Management software....

Maybe I should convert them all to curves and burn them to a disk in case I have some issue with my pc down the line.

They are OpenType fonts, but they cannot be physically installed on your system. They get activated when you double click the installer but do not reside in your system fonts folder nor any other folder accessible to you on your computer. Thats what that Notice sign on the right hand side of the side explains.

Flame

So what if your work computer isn't connected to the internet, like mine are? Do you transfer a "program".

I'm sorry, nothing at letterhead fonts is "that" special to require doing anything different than the major font companies. Sounds like they sure think they're special. That and their little dirty laundry thing that Todd mentioned... I read that bulletin. BS as I see it.

I like this guy. :p http://www.artandsignstudio.com/fonts.html

GK

So what if your work computer isn't connected to the internet, like mine are? Do you transfer a "program".

I'm sorry, nothing at letterhead fonts is "that" special to require doing anything different than the major font companies. Sounds like they sure think they're special. That and their little dirty laundry thing that Todd mentioned... I read that bulletin. BS as I see it.

I like this guy. :p http://www.artandsignstudio.com/fonts.html

The way I see it is...what happens when everyone tries doing this?...you got 20,000+ fonts in your memory and not your HD? just not sure how this is gonna work. Not for nothin, but a DRM protection like this could not have been a short nor cheap process so what happens when someone decides they want to crack this? Its not like LHF is cleanin house like Adobe and others where they can afford to eat the pirated copy losses. So when its cracked...do they just suck it up and eat the bill for the DRM protection. Not to mention...if you are running any kind of server software that you manage your fonts from across a network, you cannot use the newer fonts. Believe me, I love their fonts and spent a great deal of money with them, but they don't conform to the way I do things or all my software so I just had to stop using them.

Replicator

Yer' OLD leterhead fonts will always work for you,
but the NEW ones run as system files in the background
and startup at windows startup . . .

GK

Yer' OLD leterhead fonts will always work for you,
but the NEW ones run as system files in the background
and startup at windows startup . . .

Yep, its unfortunate. I really hope no one else decides to use this...genius...idea because the next thing you know your system resources are going through the roof all because of fonts. Thank god there is still A&S and SignDNA fonts though.

Flame

Yep, its unfortunate. I really hope no one else decides to use this...genius...idea because the next thing you know your system resources are going through the roof all because of fonts. Thank god there is still A&S and SignDNA fonts though.

AMEN!

Marlene

I didn't get the chance to order a font as I e-mailed a request to see if they still had if (it was one of their fonts but wasn't listed). I got a we'll send an answer message and then nothing. they didn't bother to answer my question.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Nonsense.

I just bought two more LHF fonts in the last couple of weeks and there they are, right there in my system fonts folder where they belong. No mysterious programs, no secret processes, no clumsy schemes. Just a couple more open type fonts in the directory. Just like all the others.

GK

Nonsense.

I just bought two more LHF fonts in the last couple of weeks and there they are, right there in my system fonts folder where they belong. No mysterious programs, no secret processes, no clumsy schemes. Just a couple more open type fonts in the directory. Just like all the others.

Gonna have to disagree with you Bob, if you have bought their new fonts, you receive an installer that does not install them in your system fonts directory. They made an entire page on their site dedicated to this new OpenType Flavor format. Its not a standard OpenType because it does not install them on your system. Maybe they have done away with this crazy DRM all together from complaints finally who knows.

3dsignco

I think they changed that installer issue as I was having some problems with that same issue that the font wasn't loading and they sent me new a font.

I have bought some other fonts since then and I see them in my font folder as just Open type fonts
So I think that system has gone away.

I am surprised they haven't got back with you as they have always been good about fixing any issues I may have had in timely matter.

GK

I think they changed that installer issue as I was having some problems with that same issue that the font wasn't loading and they sent me new a font.

I have bought some other fonts since then and I see them in my font folder as just Open type fonts
So I think that system has gone away.

I am surprised they haven't got back with you as they have always been good about fixing any issues I may have had in timely matter.

If thats the case then I need to get on the horn with them ASAP because I paid $149 for 6 Regular fonts and $99 for 3 premium fonts back in November and they are useless to me.

3dsignco

Yes do,
if your having Issues they WILL send you the New open type format.. I had that same issue of them not loading and it was playing hell with Signlab.

GK

I think the person I spoke to last time I bought fonts was Denise Bayers, I will see if she could rectify this.

Todd-sta

Let me know if you have a phone number, will ya? I think it's crap that they try and insulate themselves from their customers.

I talked to them once about this after bitchin about no phone number, they showed me where it was buried in sub/sub areas of their website...but now I can't find it anywhere....anyway, the guy said that he didn't want people calling him all the time for trivial stuff or something to that effect.

I think all my fonts show up in my font management program...and in the windows folder....I'll have to check to be sure....