• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo for my new business

VTG

Wow, I have no idea what I said that has made everyone so mad. However, I apologies as it seems that I've offended everyone.

Bob, Colorado, Onlinestar, and whomever else ... I apologize if you took my comments the wrong way. I'm not coming here to make enemies, so please don't take my comments as personal attacks. I gave my opinion regarding the OP's logo and I recommended that he pay attention to the constructive feedback that he received from others.

OP, please don't listen to any of my advice.

O

onlinestar

I did not mean it this way. I saw it as my problem, not yours. I like your reply. You are wise!

MtnView

I can't believe how many "professionals" are still using a generic domain name email addresses.

I agree wholeheartedly. There is nothing worse (ok. maybe I exaggerate a bit) in today's world than getting a business card from someone who says they are a professional at what they do which has an email with a comcast or yahoo or gmail for the address. Domain names are cheap. Get one and set up an email with it asap. I guess the OP never really asked for opinions but usually posting on a forum one should expect comments. Hopefully he can handle the good, the bad and the ugly.

Jillbeans

About the only thing it has going for it is the yellow and blue, always a good color combo, as Joe stated.

The rest is simply hideous.
The spelling and grammatical errors, made by someone who is trying to sell lettering to the public, are unforgivable. Squished cramped text, nasty fonts, very unprofessional looking.

If your aim is to sell Calvin peeing stickers on eBay or craigslist, it's awesome. If you want to get some real jobs from decently paying customers, delete the logo from your program and burn those business cards.

The aim is to design for the clientele you wish to attract, but what you have will only attract People of Walmart types at the carnival. You can do a logo with clean classy effects that still looks badass.
Love....Jill

Marlene

Hello? guy who posted this are you going to respond with an answer as what it is you do or with a re-draw? just thow it out there and nothing

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yowsa.................. why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't any of you say something righteous and hopeful for a change ??

:ROFLMAO:....... and on that other thread you advertised 'creating' logos as kinda being your specialty.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
There was a time I would tear this apart, but really ... if you're installing stereos, doing tinting and then doing 'signs' and wraps which most people will read this as 'SICK GRAPHICS' .. it's fine for a logo. My suggestion is to get rid of that clipart skull **** in the logo and draw it yourself or do without. Otherwise do your best and try to design better later.

peavey123

First thing I'd suggest is to use less fonts. You've got 5 different styles there, to me the back squished lettering counts as 6.

I'd make the dripping blood a different colour so that it doesn't look like blood.

Lastly, the skull in "FX" needs to go. It seems like vehicles are your main focus so maybe try including carbon fiber or making fx look glossy or something more relative to what you are doing.

To me, this logo looks like you are targeting young adults. Money is tight for them, maybe just try a more "Adult" design to get them in the door as well? Like joe said, you want a logo that attracts everyone. Not just one small demographic.

Glennora

I enjoy the diversity of comments and kinda feel for this guy. My first business card (20+ years ago) had similar mistakes, and even a better one to beat the band:
It stated "We do all sorts of sings".....Yes, your read that right. "Sings". Yes, I designed that myself. Had 500 printed, which in the early 90's was not cheap! I always enlist a proofreader now. I can get so into the design and colors that my "reading brain" goes numb. A few months ago a drew up sign proposal for "Banana Spits". Thank goodness my proofreader found it before it was shown to the customer.

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
I think it looks pretty cool, but it also makes me think that it is a shop where young people will want to go for wicked car wraps, or some crazy young owner of some crazy bar or pub that I would never go into, because of the crowd being to young for me! If I was in my twenties, I'd come to you to see what you have to offer. As a business man, in say my 40's or fifties, looking for an identity for my new business, or an upgrade on my logo, not so much! Not too many youngsters that have decent money to throw around. A few sure, Daddy will pay for it, but what happens as your clients get older and their taste changes.... just a thought.