• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Reproduction

WildWestDesigns

But I've had years of practice from an embroidery background where people blink at you and stare funilly when you ask them for a vector file

That is so so true.

Worse thing is the poor quality raster files. If it's a good quality raster file, fine, but noooo. It's always thumbnail quality.

I digitize the same rather it's raster or vector, but the quality is what will get you. And no, a thumbnail embedded in an EPS doesn't quite work in making it better quality.

Johnny Best

Giving one's opinion: When you see a sign or logo on this forum or in this case a video. It is like going to a museum to see some artist's work. If you make a comment on it to a group that are also looking at the work, no one looks at that person and says "lets see what you can do". The artist put his work out for people to see. Not everyone has the same opinion. And do not think for one minute yours is the quintessential piece submitted
Not everyone on here likes the same things, and bob, who I admire for his thoughts and words, gave one of his critiques that you will find on the back pages in the art section. Some of you are young and that refers to a newspaper that has different sections, kind of like a google search but with newsprint. And, most of the time the critics are not even artists but have the higher intellect because they have studied in that field. So this foolishness of wanting to see his work "put up or shut up" is just foolishness.
So stop making the evening news with your name calling (codgers, trolls) and opinions, and wait four years from now for another chance to win.

10sacer

What happened to this thread? Started out as a dude showing ONE way to do something that he thought might be useful to others and then something went sideways.

Logoadv

That was certainly an impressive manual redraw, and I am sure many envy the skill demonstrated. I am sure it has taken many hours of practice to reach such a level of proficiency. I have used Corel since version 2, and considered myself to be pretty good, but could never reach that speed. For those who have not yet reached that level, Graphic Tracer fits nicely into the work flow and can help fill that gap producing results that can be used in any application. With little training, this logo can be reproduced in around 3 minutes. I realize there are some who will always want to "trash" programs like this... All I can say is, "a person needs to use what works best for them".
How to Convert a Two Color Bitmap Logo into a Production Ready Vector Graphic Using Graphic Tracer - YouTube

How well does this handle script fonts and logos with gradients? I can usually get by with Illustrator / FlexiSign, but every now and then, run into a logo where I have to hunt for fonts because the autotrace isn't clean enough and the font matching sites don't like script fonts as it can't determine where one letter ends and another begins.

ActionGraphics

WildWest, I totally get what you are talking about, but we're talking sign reconstruction of a design and the ability to re-create something one way or the other. Nothing rocket science about it. I can do it in 50 minutes or I can do it in 35 minutes. Who really gives a rat's a$$ ?? We're not splitting atoms and if someone can't or won't understand the insignificance of this thread, then they shouldn't be driving an automobile. They shouldn't even use sharp objects. The difference of knowing or determining when someone does or does not know what they are talking about is about the size of a pubby hair. This place has deteriorated to arguing about how to trace something or make a working file. This is something some of us have been doing for decades..... and I might add, rather proficiently.

The senseless bullsh!t of these threads in recent months is horrible. Do you see any real sign conversations happening ?? I don't. Have you read a good thread on sign construction, fabrications, neon bending, welding, business sense or any other thing related to the sign INDUSTRY ?? I haven't. What's this font, what makes this look in my print, where do I get free help or free fonts or free everything, but charge the customer as much as I can without giving it away to a competitor or leave any money on the table ?? Should I build a table ?? What is this ?? Oops, I don't know how to download a picture onto this site. Not to mention the dumbest conversations, fights and ego battles on the planet. Talk about cybercrap....... this place has gone bonkers. It's filled with hobbyists and the place has always been for the sign professionals. What gives ??

It's not this thread..... it's everything and there's no place to discuss it anymore. As soon as someone gets serious about something, unless it's about nothing, it gets torn to shreds.

I'm sorry, but there's nothing/nobody here to help or even try to help anymore. It's a joke. I used to be proud to be a part of the largest sign forum in the world. Well, it ain't that anymore, that's for sure.

My apologies to the OP, I did not mean to derail your thread, but I think it started about 25 posts ago, anyway.

:thankyou:

Amen.

Marlene

I was glad to see a thread like this. so many threads these days are from hobby people asking for help with their circut projects and it was a nice break from that. I've had to clean up "art" as bad as what was posted and it is nice to see how others deal with it. what bothers me the most is the venomus attacks on the OP. bob was as usual way out of line with his comments and other were just as bad. we wonder why the site is going downhill at the speed of light and there are many reasons for that but we don't have to help the decline by jumping all over a guy talking about art work converstions. if you feel the need to belittle someone, go after the hobby people and I'll even help you with that but please, if the thread is even romotely about signs, can we at least try to talk signs since this is suppose to be a site for professional sign makers

10sacer

Kinda what I said in less words. If you aren't here to help then read a post and laugh silently to yourself, shake your head and move on with your life.
I come here for insight, advice, options and knowledge. I have enough drama with an Italian girlfriend and 6 kids. I can live and be successful without this forum. I choose to come here to see what issues other people are having so I can learn from other people's situations and file solutions away in my brain archive for the day when that same situation might occur. Its not fun filtering through a bunch of BS thread replies that are just mean-spirited and non-productive.

Johnny Best

Kinda what I said in less words. If you aren't here to help then read a post and laugh silently to yourself, shake your head and move on with your life.
I come here for insight, advice, options and knowledge. I have enough drama with an Italian girlfriend and 6 kids. I can live and be successful without this forum. I choose to come here to see what issues other people are having so I can learn from other people's situations and file solutions away in my brain archive for the day when that same situation might occur. Its not fun filtering through a bunch of BS thread replies that are just mean-spirited and non-productive.

Sometimes when the wind shifts you have to tack and take another direction. Like hearing about a guy's Italian girlfriend and 6 kids.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Or like someone listening to the Clinton News Network and doesn't understand the words and comes to a sign forum for comprehensive skills. That's why no one likes bob's posts. Someone is writing in English, not using nickle words and they can't go back & forth to look up all the words on google cause it takes too much time, so they just make fun of him.

Marlene

Or like someone listening to the Clinton News Network and doesn't understand the words and comes to a sign forum for comprehensive skills. That's why no one likes bob's posts. Someone is writing in English, not using nickle words and they can't go back & forth to look up all the words on google cause it takes too much time, so they just make fun of him.

no it isn't why people don't like bob's posts. people don't like them because they are mean and nasty no matter how he dresses it up with words.

S'N'S

What happened to this thread? Started out as a dude showing ONE way to do something that he thought might be useful to others and then something went sideways.

Something or someone?
The same few people who turns every thread to crap.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
no it isn't why people don't like bob's posts. people don't like them because they are mean and nasty no matter how he dresses it up with words.
As already discussed by someone else, don't be putting words in my mouth. I'm entitled to my thoughts or beliefs just as much as you. I don't think you are correct, but I won't tell you you are wrong.

Morph1

Print all
It's a conspiracy! Bob and Gino are working with Morph to get more views of this thread and video!

haha, good one... I can't wait to make another video and challenge Bob and Bob's mind again lol
you wanna add to more views check out the Jasper video I did a while back on my youtube channel.
thanks again for all the replies !

Roto

I just wanted to share corel draw X6 logo reproduction video clip I posted on youtube, it maybe useful to some fresh users...
[video=youtube_share;9u4apYMeCC8]
[/video]

Enjoy it !,
Tap the L key to convert from straight line to curve ;)

54warrior

I enjoyed the video much more than the rest of the nonsense in the thread. Great job. Confirmation that the way I've been doing it appears to be the way I should.

Johnny Best

I liked the video and I always enjoy bob's comments especially when they involve Australian animals.
Good conversation sometimes go sideways, and yes Streamline was a great program on my MacPlus.