• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

long time adobe user WOWed by corel x4

Tim Aucoin

Page size limitations. They are inching up gradually but are still not at Corels' Keep in mind that Illustrator was created long before anyone designed anything 10 feet wide. Pagemaker, Quark, and early versions of Illustrator had 30-40 inch page size limitations.

That's the beauty of Vectors.... create them at 1" and blow them up to 1 mile with ease!!! What is the page size limitation in Illy CS4 currently? I haven't gotten that far in my lessons yet!! (or, I skipped over it :doh:)

signmeup

Page size= 225"....... Why? I have no idea. It absolutely baffles me since I started out with a drafting program that has no drawing space limitation of any kind. It's difficult for me to see an advantage to drawing in scale when I've never had to before. If I need a scale drawing I scale it....from my full scale drawing.

Artildawn

...I still prefer Illustrator but that is probably because of my Mac background and over a dozen years of experience. I don't have to think about it. When I try Corel, I am totally lost. Every Adobe shortcut is hardwired into my brain

Welcome to the law primacy: that which you learn first, you learn best. That is why it's hard for many to transition to something different even though it's similar. This is also why it's hard to untrain people from bad habits. And most of the arguments in this threat can be boiled down program X is better because I know how to use it well. See again, it's the user, not the tool.

... unless of course the user is a tool, but that's a separate issue :rock-n-roll: