• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for printer options

Red-Eye

I have the cutter to do contour cutting. Now just need to add a printer.
Used option is ok. What should I consider?

Johnny Best

Half the group will say HP latex, the other half will tell you solvent, the last half with eco solvent.
Then you have to ask about material to use.

rjssigns

Before you buy a printer sub everything out and see if you can really afford a printer and software to run it.

Or....

Like I've said many times before. If there is a Roland, HP, Mimaki etc... dealer just down the block from your shop, buy that brand of printer. All printers break and usually in the middle of a huge job. You don't want to be looking at a brick explaining to clients why product will be late while waiting for a tech to show up from three state away. Trust me on this. Been there done that.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
What are you going to be printing? Most cost effective for just a machine will be an Aqueous printer that you could get for $1500 like an HP-Z series that would be 60" wide. The downside is your materials will not be super effective outdoors and cost of materials is considerably more expensive. I would do what others have stated and look to your local dealer to see who can support you the best.

Johnny Best

You ask basically the same question in another post by saying you own this dye sublimation printer and are getting a Mimaki Ts30 printer
and wanting to know if you can convert the Mutoh to eco solvent. Seems you know a lot about printers already and have done your homework on what can be run through them.

Red-Eye

You ask basically the same question in another post by saying you own this dye sublimation printer and are getting a Mimaki Ts30 printer
and wanting to know if you can convert the Mutoh to eco solvent. Seems you know a lot about printers already and have done your homework on what can be run through them.
i was not aware at the time I could not convert a Mutoh rj900x... which has since been sold.
I am looking to get a printer to go along with my mimaki cutter.