• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opinion Looking to purchase a flat bed cutter for 17oz vinyl.

lenny02

We are an in-house print shop for a manufacturing company and currently run rolls of 17oz banner vinyl labels through our manufacturing production floor's Gerber cutter. The production floor has decided to get rid of their Gerber and move to a laser cutter that will work better for their needs. Unfortunately, this does not work for us (PrintShop) since the laser and vinyl is a hazardous mix so we are now looking into purchasing our own flatbed cutter. We currently run Mimaki JV33 printers and cut our adhesive decals on the Mimaki FX series plotter. We are needing something that will cut the heavier banner type vinyl material.

I would like to get opinions on the best product out there as well as more affordable options.

Thanks in advance!

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We run a Zund at FireSprint! We love it. Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions about it. 888-509-7446, Gene or James.

Their showroom in Milwaukee also is really good to go see.

lenny02

We run a Zund at FireSprint! We love it. Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions about it. 888-509-7446, Gene or James.

Their showroom in Milwaukee also is really good to go see.
Thank you! Our corporate office is in Milwaukee so we may have to check it ou.

Jon R.Himes

Lenny02 where are in Iowa? We are based out of Milwaukee and have a solution for you. I am based out of the Quad cities which is Iowa and Illinois.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
We are an in-house print shop for a manufacturing company and currently run rolls of 17oz banner vinyl labels through our manufacturing production floor's Gerber cutter. The production floor has decided to get rid of their Gerber and move to a laser cutter that will work better for their needs. Unfortunately, this does not work for us (PrintShop) since the laser and vinyl is a hazardous mix so we are now looking into purchasing our own flatbed cutter. We currently run Mimaki JV33 printers and cut our adhesive decals on the Mimaki FX series plotter. We are needing something that will cut the heavier banner type vinyl material.

I would like to get opinions on the best product out there as well as more affordable options.

Thanks in advance!

We just cut thousands of prints off our 17oz Vinyl and it was no problem with the Graphtec FC-8600, have you tried that yet?