• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Making Small Channel Letter Face Fabrication Easy

kgirl

Kgirl plasco 101116-5 copy.jpg

....With PLASCO trim cap because it's easier to work with than the others and it comes in 165' rolls instead of the 150' rolls.

3/4" ($46.75) & 1" ($54.75) + Shipping
Colors are below

* Black
* White
* Gold
* Silver (Brushed Silver Appearance)
* Bronze
* Duranotic Bronze
* Orange
* Red ( 3M Poppy Red 3630-143 | Pantone 179 C )
* Blue ( 3M Intense Blue 3630-127 | Pantone 300 C )
* Dark Blue (Avery Dark Blue 8500-007)
* Yellow ( 3M Sunflower 3630-25 | Pantone 124 C )
* Green ( Oracal Emerald Green 8800-087 | Pantone 348 C )

Some notes I'd like to add about this product.

Some may have used this product in the past and some may have never had a chance. This product disappeared from suppliers right after 9/11 from what I understand there were Customs issues that made it too costly to bring in.

IF you remember this product from long ago, you will be glad it's back (just like the reaction I've gotten to all who have purchased from me).

IF you have never used it, your fabricators will love you for using it, it's MUCH MUCH easier to work with and notch, you won't get those splits you sometimes get on corners.

My other understanding is that this product was mainly distributed on the west coast, so not many on the east coast have ever tried it. My advice is try it, believe me YOU will LOVE it!

Before 9/11 I used PLASCO and the Silvatrim Trimcaps. I still have signs up 16+ years and this trim cap is still up, it's very durable.

PLASCO VS JEWELITE

In another thread I was asking why anyone east of Colorado "WHY" they mainly buy 1" Jewlite and not 3/4" Jewelite for 24" Channel Letters and smaller.

The reason seems to be is that when you use 1" Jewelite with a standard 3/16" channel letter face the 1" Jewelite gives you more clearance because the arrow extrusion protrudes more than 1/4" from the face giving you less mechanical fastening room. Make sense but 1" is very tough to notch, bend and get in small letter centers too because of that arrow extrusion.

I was always use to Plasco Trim Cap in my years of the sign industry, NOT Jewelite because on the West Coast Plasco was stocked more than Jewelite before 9/11. So after this "clearance" point was brought up I did some quick measuring because I had a east coast client buy Plasco 1" to match up with his regular use of 1" Jewelite. Then shortly after receiving his order with 3/4" samples he soon after starting ordering 3/4". I asked him why the change in smaller trim. He said the change was because the 3/4" Plasco trim gave him the same fastening clearance that he got buying 1" Jewelite.

He went from paying about $70.00 per roll to $46.75 saving $23.25 (15' more added in), AND he got 15 more feet of trim per roll.

I've attached some images to show you that you can use 3/4" Plasco Trim Cap that will give you the same clearance as 1" Jewelite IF clearance is important to you.

Plasco vs. Jewelite - Here we display the channel letter baseline along with the clearance you get using 3/4" & 1"

Plasco / Jewelite Trim Caps
Post 1.jpg

1" Jewelite clearance
Post 2.jpg

1" Plasco - More mechanical clearance than 1" Jewelite
POst 3.jpg

3/4" Plasco - Just about the same mechanical clearance as using 1" Jewelite
Post 4.jpg

3/4" Jewelite - Less mechanical clearance than 3/4" Plasco
Post 5.jpg

1" Jewelite - Arrow extrusion protrusion more than 1/4" past the channel letter face.
Post 6.jpg

Wood.JPG

U.L. Sign Accessories Manual Info

Plasco is a Elkamet product made in Germany and their U.L. file number is E10010

ELKAMET KUNSTSTOFFTECHNIK GMBH GEORG-KRAMER STRASSE 3
PO BOX 1263
35216 BIEDENKOPF FED REP GERMANY Aluminum reinforced sign face trim, Type Elkamet Profiles.

E100102
1. These trim materials are used to secure a rigid thermoplastic sign face to an outdoor or indoor sign.
2. The ability of the trim to exclude water from contacting live parts needs to be evaluated in the end product.
3. Minimum No. 8 sheet metal screws need to be provided for securing the trim to the sign body. The maximum spacing
between screws shall not exceed 18 in. and no fewer than four screws are to be used per face.
4. These products do not comply with enclosure requirements.
5. The sign trim face shall be "Continuous solvent or adhesive bonding" to secure the sign face and trim together in one of the
following combinations:

Sign Face (Generic Material) = Methyl Methacrylate (Acrylic)
Solvent = MethyleneChloride
Sign Trim (Generic Material) = Cellulose Acetate Butyrate

You can contact me by email for orders / inquiries at
orders@thesignsyndicate.com or (858) 880-1400 or purchase from out online Shopping Cart