• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Material Cheat When Cutting

Engstrom Graphics

sniperhockeydesigns
Roland VersaCamm. Printing multiple different sheets of material with decals/cutcontour.

They always say to run off 8 inches past the last crop marks (as machine feeds material forward before "completing" the cut) before you sheet cut - however - in an effort to to save material I cut pretty close to the end of the crop/reg mark circles.

In the past, I taped a same width section of material about 8" in length and problem solved. However I am looking at running 50+ sheets - would like to save time and avoid taping that cheat sheet 50+ times. Is there a sensor I can temporarily cover with tape or material so the machine "thinks" there is material there when it does the forward feed to finish the last row of cutting?

Thanks in advance!

Engstrom Graphics

sniperhockeydesigns
Nevermind - got it figured out. Covered up the sensor - and doesn't feed. Save 2 feet of material every time I do 3 runs = success!