• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Valuejet 1614 IP address

Hummer69

My printers IP address won't show up on my computer. I've tried to ping it in the dos promp. Even tried doing a direct connection without going through a router. Also tried a different cable connected to a different computer. Any help would be appreciated

FatCat

As long as the IP address is set on the printer and you are matching it exactly on the computer, it "should" show up on the network with a ping. If you are certain the ethernet cable isn't the problem there might be a chance you have a bad network port on the printer?

SignBurst PCs

Are you sure that your computer and printer are in the same IP subnet? What are your computer's IP address and Subnet Mask? What are your printer's?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Mutoh's will reset the IP address sometimes if the power goes out or something similar. Double check that the IP address on the printer is still what you think it is. The default is 192.168.1.253 which is what it resets back to when it does reset. Also, you can run the command "arp -a" in dos and it will give you a list of every machine in the network. If it's not there and you know for sure that the IP address is set correctly, you probably have a damaged network connector on the printer.