• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NEED ADVICE Screen Printing Window Stickers

tkdscore

I have a cutter but would prefer to single color screen print a clear sticker that I can make for my own Martial Arts School (secondary business) and offer to others.

I envision a sheet of peel and stick vinyl that I can screen print 11x17 or larger sheets then cut them out with a simple paper cutter. Easy to peel and stick with ZERO weeding of vinyl.

Where would I find that type of clear material and what ink would you use? I have only printed textiles so far.

Thanks, Shane

Naskhan

Flexcon is the supplier we use for sheet cut screen printable media. Typically we use uv ink but I am assuming you don't have a UV dryer so any vinyl ink would work fine. It has a strong smell so make sure you are working in a ventilated area if you go that route.

Naskhan

We typically get UL approved stock as we work with large industrial manufacturers. Material life is dependent on the tier of material you select. On the Flexcon website they break down the material tiers pretty nicely. FLexicon uses a nice 90lb polycraft liner on their sheeted stock. It's thick and stays flat. Perfect for individually cut pieces. Flexcon.com is their site.
As for the ink, for vinyl ink and ade epoxy and enamel we use Nazdar. You can buy the ink directly from them or through local distributors. For UV we use Norcote. You'll have to by either a catalyst or thinner in addition to the ink depending on what ink you select. Silkscreened ink last longer than digital but it too many variables to definitively tell you the overalll longevity. Depending on the color you choose, I would guesstimate 5 years.
If you are applying to a flat surface I would recommend clear polyester as it is more dimensionally stable than vinyl and will not shrink over time. Where are you applying them?