• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help With Dryfit Templates For Sew On Sublimation Shirts

i am fairly new to sublimation just got my machines 2 weeks ago. I have been doing full front and full back sublimation but with a mixture of white graphics to hide imperfections on design But i need to do some sew on this week. Does anyone know who sells templates already sized up so alteration lady can have a guide as to where sew on will be?? Thanks in advance

Atomic DNA

I'm a bit confused to your actual question but I believe you are looking for patterns? If so, there are places online that sells already-made templates or patterns but usually these are junk for the most part, so be warned. The ones I have seen are boxy and unflattering. You will need to have your own patterns made by looking up a pattern maker that specializes in this type of fabric. As far as "sewing guides" go, your seamstress should know that the standard seam allowance is 1/4" to 3/8" but this is dependent once again on your pattern's specs.

WildWestDesigns

If so, there are places online that sells already-made templates or patterns but usually these are junk for the most part, so be warned. The ones I have seen are boxy and unflattering.

I have to agree here. There are a variety of reasons for that, but that is the case with most pre-done patterns. It is best to get a pattern maker to come up with ones specifically for your application.

My mom and grandma were really good at this. Grandma made a living at it. But in the long run, that's going to be the best option.

As far as "sewing guides" go, your seamstress should know that the standard seam allowance is 1/4" to 3/8" but this is dependent once again on your pattern's specs.

Yep. None of our patterns follow the standard, so be aware that it is going to depend on the individual specs.

Suz

i am fairly new to sublimation just got my machines 2 weeks ago. I have been doing full front and full back sublimation but with a mixture of white graphics to hide imperfections on design But i need to do some sew on this week. Does anyone know who sells templates already sized up so alteration lady can have a guide as to where sew on will be?? Thanks in advance

Hi! I make patterns and sew. Sometimes I buy patterns too. When you purchase a pattern (say for a shirt) you can easily find one that encompasses a range of sizes, or you may have to buy more than one pattern if they have (2) ranges of sizes. It used to be when you bought a pattern, you bought one size and altered it to fit your proportions.

I would recommend buying a pattern that covers many sizes, and trace out the size you will be using the most. For tracing material, you could use clear plastic painter's drop cloth or visquine, kraft paper, butcher paper, wrapping paper, whatever you have. Determine the location of the image or patch that you will be sewing onto the garment, and mark that location on the pattern you traced. Then, make a few written notes on your pattern piece that would indicate how much lower or higher (1/2", 1/4", whatever) to move the image for other sizes. Or, if you want to make separate patterns for each size, that's not a bad idea either, although it's time consuming. LOL. If I have just MENS shirts, then just the one pattern with notes will usually do. However, if you have WOMENS shirts, those fit differently and placement is different, so I will make a separate pattern for that. Same thing applies to YOUTH (Childrens) shirts.

As far a screenprinting and embroidery go, I have my own placement for each of my Customers and keep that information (usually a kraft paper or plastic pattern) with each of their files. Or, I just take handwritten notes about placement and have that ready for re-orders. Customers usually just trust me for placement, but when I have questions, I will ask the Customer where they would like the image placed. People usually get a bit pickier about where patches are placed and I will have them model a garment for me and pin the patch to the garment (while they are wearing it) before sewing. I have a mirror in my shop so they can see what it looks like while wearing the garment with patch(es) pinned on.

Hope that helps! :)

Suz

Just thought of the Hoopmaster, which we do use for quick placement for embroidery. They do have a basic placement chart, but you should tweek it to suit your needs. Here is what Hoopmaster recommends:
Kits