• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Owner of Signs101.com

iSign

times they are a changing...

thanks heaps Fred!

(good to see a bunch of the old OC, and the BOD on this thread. Fred finally gets the reprieve he'd started looking ahead to, since back in the OC daze!)

player

This is one of my improvements, Fred lets everyone fight and attack members, causing big disruptions, there is no respect, very little help and I've seen countless people quit the forum due to this. As soon as some members join for the first time, they are attacked. This forum should be about helping each other, but it's all about trying to prove who is right and it's their way or you are an idiot. So let's start there.

There is one member who just insults and name calls for no reason. I have blocked him, but he continues to insult and swear and name call. Fred thinks it's OK, but that behavior is not in my opinion.

Signmaker1

Good evening Paul, this is Stuart, from Staten Island,N.Y.. Thankyou for taking the time to introduce yourself to us here! Congratulations to you on your business venture with Fred! I am happy to hear that you believe in keeping a well oiled machine running as it is! I am sure you will prove to us all that other than now knowing of the transaction, you shall do an equally well job of maintaining and upgrading the web site as much as Fred has done over the years!
Fred, I congratulate you too for a job well done in the past and wish you much success in any other endeavor you choose to be involved in with regards to signs! Gentlemen, I SALUTE YOU BOTH!!:thankyou: Stu

NateF

As so many others have said, thank you Fred for all the work you've put into this site. As someone newer to the sign industry, I would find it difficult to even put a dollar value on everything I've learned in this forum.

Paul, welcome to the site. I look forward to seeing it grow and continue to improve.

I'm relieved that signs101.com was sold to a "real" person. I, too, wondered if it was a scam when I first saw the email. I've seen other good forums be sold to larger conglomerates who just fill the site with more ads than content and eventually run off most of the users. I hope that Paul's involvement mean that this won't be the case here. This site has years of helpful info in the archives, and I still find myself digging through all the time in search of something I read once. Here's to even bigger and better things for signs101!

Decal Dennis

I know Paul from another forum......he is doing a great job on that forum, so I know he will do goood over here also.

Congrats Paul!

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
For those you got my email I miss spelled the word on purpose, helps me see the Ahole that would take them time to UNkindly point it out and email me me back. To those who did YOUR Banned...Yep, you can't help yourself to be a *** you don't deserve to be on MY SITE cuz if you did it to me you problem did it to another member on the site.

In the words of Walter White (breaking Bad) " maybe your best course is tread lightly"

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
For those you got my email I miss spelled the word on purpose, helps me see the Ahole that would take them time to UNkindly point it out and email me me back. To those who did YOUR Banned...Yep, you can't help yourself to be a *** you don't deserve to be on MY SITE cuz if you did it to me you problem did it to another member on the site. In the words of Walter White (breaking Bad) " maybe your best course is tread lightly"

No warning shot across the bow? Do I foresee a user agreement with said etiquette guidelines in place?

Not being snarky, just wondering what's to come.

JB

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
For those you got my email I miss spelled the word on purpose, helps me see the Ahole that would take them time to UNkindly point it out and email me me back. To those who did YOUR Banned...Yep, you can't help yourself to be a *** you don't deserve to be on MY SITE cuz if you did it to me you problem did it to another member on the site.

In the words of Walter White (breaking Bad) " maybe your best course is tread lightly"
So, if someone pointed it out and you ban them, will you be refunding their payment if they're a premium subscriber?
I'm not trying to pick a fight (too much of that here already), but I'd genuinely like to know because that's something I would point out (though, I think, politely).

Decal Dennis

I had to go and look at the email to see what it was, because I totally missed it LOL. Then I remembered the human brain doesn't read all the letters in a word to understand it, (depending on word size) usually only the first couple and last couple of letters and boom, it knows.

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
So, if someone pointed it out and you ban them, will you be refunding their payment if they're a premium subscriber?
I'm not trying to pick a fight (too much of that here already), but I'd genuinely like to know because that's something I would point out (though, I think, politely).

No, as their is no warranty offered or expressed for any services, BUT since you're still posting you did not get banned, polite is one thing being a *** is another, and believe me they were not polite but insulting.

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
No warning shot across the bow? Do I foresee a user agreement with said etiquette guidelines in place?

Not being snarky, just wondering what's to come.

JB

It's real simple treat other how you want to be treated. I personally don't like to be insulted as I'm sure you don't. I ran CNCzone with no need of moderation because people respected each other, I grew the site to over 200k membership in 10 years, and banned at will. Membership is not a right.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's real simple treat other how you want to be treated. I personally don't like to be insulted as I'm sure you don't. I ran CNCzone with no need of moderation because people respected each other, I grew the site to over 200k membership in 10 years, and banned at will. Membership is not a right.

That's great in my opinion. Does this mean we will all be on the same playing field ?? In other words, will we be rid of the hobbyists, lurkers and wasteful people ?? Then, we would be more like your other forums.

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
That's great in my opinion. Does this mean we will all be on the same playing field ?? In other words, will we be rid of the hobbyists, lurkers and wasteful people ?? Then, we would be more like your other forums.

No we welcome all, as long as they play nice and are here to share and learn.