• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Owner of Signs101.com

Move It Signs

Wow, totally forgot I registered here! Got the new owner email and almost junked it. Just a few weeks shy of six years since I last logged in. :Oops: Not sure how much I'll even be here but I'm hoping you don't start a glow bull warming forum here like at cnczone. Love to discuss politics but hate it at business forums like this.

Kottwitz-Graphics

No we welcome all, as long as they play nice and are here to share and learn.

That's great in my opinion. Does this mean we will all be on the same playing field ?? In other words, will we be rid of the hobbyists, lurkers and wasteful people ?? Then, we would be more like your other forums.

Will this mean that end users ( those who want to create their own signs to circumvent their local shop for whatever reason) will be welcome?

The reason that I ask is because if they are allowed to join, and pay for the premium membership, will get to see discussions about pricing? (A peek behind the curtain, if you will.)

I just reread Gino's post, and I suppose that I'm asking the same question...

player

Will this mean that end users ( those who want to create their own signs to circumvent their local shop for whatever reason) will be welcome?

The reason that I ask is because if they are allowed to join, and pay for the premium membership, will get to see discussions about pricing? (A peek behind the curtain, if you will.)

I just reread Gino's post, and I suppose that I'm asking the same question...

I hope not, as I share my trade secrets with fellow sign professionals, not sign consumers.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Are you gonna keep the same standards of joining as when Fred owned the place...... or are you implementing new rules or conditions ?? Just being approved doesn't tell us who we will be dealing with down the road.

No disrespect is meant in my questions, but I've gotten to know how things were handled around here and would like to know how to address future encounters. This place is yours and I'm sure you paid a good buck to have it. I just wanna know how I must act and contribute moving forward, as it seems/feels somewhat different.

You see, our livelihoods and business lie within your walls here, to a certain degree. Some of the members need this place to exist. Some don't. I just would like to know a little bit about your direction.

You've taken on about the largest single place for sign discussions and talks. How can we all help each other grow ??

gg131077

HI to everyone

Welcome new boss.
Congrats old boss.

Thank you to all the people who make this nice and helpfull comunity¡¡

Gracias totales!!!

player

For those you got my email I miss spelled the word on purpose, helps me see the Ahole that would take them time to UNkindly point it out and email me me back. To those who did YOUR Banned...Yep, you can't help yourself to be a *** you don't deserve to be on MY SITE cuz if you did it to me you problem did it to another member on the site.

In the words of Walter White (breaking Bad) " maybe your best course is tread lightly"

Did you ban some members or were you kidding?

ignasi

Dear Paul,

I'm not too active at the forums due to busy ever work repairing and doing my everyday job, with few time to answer something, but I want the best for you, If we can do something to help, we will do.

best regards
ignasi Riera

MHester

Congrats Paul. As a newbie for a couple of months, I didn't really know fred at all. But change is always a good thing. Good luck to both of you.

hotrod46

Congratulations, you two! Assume the deal went into 7 figures, near the sites value to the signmaking community.

hotrod46

Can you give us a week or so to gen up the requisite amount of fear needed for things to go smoothly?
FYI: My baby brother (67) still writes code for C&C by hand in DOS. Machinist 51 years.

vid

Thanks Fred ...and nice job with the site over these many years. Best wishes and continued success big guy!

Welcome Paul!

Quark

Merchant Member
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Eon Media
No I was not kidding. The ones I banned will not be missed.

that's some weird stuff

Tim Aucoin

Welcome & congrats on the purchase Paul.
Thank you Fred for all you have done. So happy to hear that you will be staying around. Was a pleasure to meet with you and the Mrs. when we did... and hope to do it again some day!
I am excited to see how things progress moving forward with new ownership. Sometimes change is good. Best of luck to you in retirement Fred...
And Paul... looking at your other ventures, I'm confident that you will take good care of the house that Fred built! :smile: