• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

News Onward And Upward... A Quick Update About Old Album Images And The Merchants Area.

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
We are moving onward and upward with the forum upgrade. Some of you had concerns regarding the album images from the vBulletin install. We have now imported those images, which should appear in the Signs 101 Media Gallery! We are continuing work and an overhaul of the Merchants section as well.

Re: vBAlbums Images Imported...
We've imported several hundred images that were not originally added when the site first moved to the Xenforo platform. There were several old vBulletin albums that did not have any images in them. If you received an alert - please understand that all empty albums have been purged from the Media Gallery. All other images should be contained in their originally named album or simply uploaded as media images. See your user profile for more info and/or your Media Gallery album permissions to adjust the view permissions.
signs101-mg.png

Please note that some of the content numbers may be off until all of the search listings are rebuilt.

Re: Merchant Listings...
The new Merchant Listings section has been one of the most difficult aspects of the software upgrade. Since there was no solid replacement for the old DTO Vendor Tools functionality - we've had to be a bit inventive with augmenting the Xenforo Resource Manager system.

It will be available for all members of the Signs101 Merchants usergroup. More info about purchasing a membership can be seen in the Paid Membership section. It will have very similar functionality as the old DTOVT system with the following options:
  • Custom description
  • Custom category selection
  • Searchable tags
  • Prominently placed website url
  • Contact information (name, city, state, zip...)
  • Contact phone & fax number(s)
  • Directions to your listing via Google maps
  • Upload images to your listing with your choice of main listing icon
Easy access to your listing will be allowed via your user profile's Merchants tab:
signs101-merchants.gif

It's definitely a work in progress - but is coming together quite nicely and will be completed soon.

For those of you interested - We'll also be adding more how-to type posts to the News - New Signs101 Functionality/features Added And Explained... thread.

Please ask if you have any questions or concerns.
Thanks.

J.

Attachments

• new-merchant-gallery.png
    new-merchant-gallery.png
    118.4 KB · Views: 23,182
Last edited:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
They seem to be there now but what's odd is that albums that are labeled as empty actually have content in them. Any word on when or if we will be able to edit our merchant listings? If we cannot update our information then the value is greatly diminished.

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
Hi Fred Weiss - I see you have an empty album that was removed. But there's no content in it:
2017-02-08_0-14-24.png

All I can suggest is that you recreate the album and add content to it because no content was imported for that particular album.
All other albums, as you can see, do have content though...

As for the merchant listing. You should absolutely have permission to edit the content. We'll be adjusting the permissions momentarily.
My apologies for the oops... The permissions to edit all sections of your listing have now been implemented. Thanks for bringing the issue to our attention!

J.