• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Onyx 12 and Roland Crop Marks

SlikGRFX

Hi Guys, need some help here. I'm trying to print with Roland crop marks using Onyx so that the file can be cut on a Roland GX500 cutter. The printer is a VS540i.

The problem is that Onyx is placing the crop marks on the outside edges of the job, which reduces my print width by roughly 3" (1.5" on each side). Is there a setting where this can be changed? Surely it's not reasonable to have to throw away a 3" strip of vinyl on every print. This will add up to thousands of square feet per year.

I previously used versaworks which adds the crop marks to the end of the job so that the entire media with can be used for printing.

Any info is much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

SlikGRFX

So anyway, I managed to figure this out. In case anyone finds this useful, I edited the XML file that controls the cutter properties and I can now print with Versacamm cropmarks and cut on the GX500. The Versacamm crop marks are inboard of the graphics, so I can use the full media width for printing.