• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Perforated Mirror Gold Vinyl?

Andy D

We have a channel letter job where the customer wants his letters to be mirrored gold during the day
and red at night. The only thing I could come up with is perforated mirror gold on the 1st surface and
trans. red vinyl on the 2nd surface.

Does anyone know if they make Perforated Mirror Gold Vinyl?
Or have a better way of going about this? A translucent mirror gold that
wont effect the red would work too.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
May have to just plot little tiny circles in mirror gold vinyl and have a weeding party. For a large sign I bet you could do it with 1/16" diameter circles. May take forever to plot though!

Chasez

May have to just plot little tiny circles in mirror gold vinyl and have a weeding party. For a large sign I bet you could do it with 1/16" diameter circles. May take forever to plot though!

Could do that but cut through the backer so that the little holes fall out... would make one heck of a mess to clean up but would avoid weeding.

Chaz

bannertime

To make the weeding go faster, you could make striped letters. One set horizontal and one vertical. Over lay them on the finished product. I have no idea how this will affect the light, since it has overlaps. So no clue if it'd work, but that's what I'd try next.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    941.9 KB · Views: 155

Andy D

Thanks for the suggestions y'all.
I know they make a mirrored gold window tint, but I have never used tint on a sign and know next to nothing
about it. You can see through it from the inside, but it is of course tinted, how do you think that would effect my red?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why not do a halo of red on the building and use an opaque solid mirror gold for the front ?? If you want, add a 1/2" outline to the letters and they'll be a red light coming through there, also.
r halo.jpg

MikePro

does it have to be perforated? can't you just use one-way gold chrome window tint, maybe even applied to red plexi, and then illuminate with red LED?
(linked example, but don't quote me on that exact one as a quality material to use.)

works for "dual-color" black/grey trans. vinyls that are basically window tint anyways. should be no different for the chrome/gold/etc. versions as well.

$_58.JPG

Andy D

Thanks Mike,
I'm going to call around to see if any tint shops have a small sample I can check out.