• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pinch roll Error SP300v

SMEJ

I am sorry, and I am sure I should know this. I purchased by machine used and it works well but I have contacted Roland twice and have gotten the same answer both times but it really has not answered what I need. I am being told I can use any width roll up to 30inches. My problem is I get some rolls that are 20 inches so when I load them if I don't put the pinch roller on the roller that is on the bed of the machine then I get the pinch roll error. This makes a 20in roll only have a usable area of about 13 inches. Am I missing something or is this just the way it is? I hate wasting that amount. Do I have a sensor or something bad or do the pinch rollers have to be on the bed rollers to work, if so then I can't just use any width up to 30 inches. Thank you for your assistance. SJ

FrankW

The pinch rollers of course have to be on the grit rollers (the rollers on the bed), because that grit rollers are the ones driven by the feed motor. If one of the two rollers of a SP300 isn't on a grit roller and the printer would accept that, your media will crash because it will be fed one one side, while the other roller will press the media on the platen (bed).

You have a lot of grit rollers in a SP300 not only with specific positions, but with a range (on the right side 3 near together). You will achieve EVERY printing width up to 30" by variing the positions of the rollers or the media.

Could it be that you don't understand your printer? This is basic knowledge for most roll printers and cutters, perhaps looking for someone who trains you on that machine?

Hey SMEJ,

The printer does support the use of 20" material and you should be able to get closer to the edge...definitely more that 13". Now, the printer user manual does an OK job of illustrating the pinch roller positions, but it could be better. So, we think it's time to discuss this on the phone with you directly, but before you call, be sure your printer is registered (we require this). You can register online here: Warranty Registration | Roland Warranty Registry Information | Roland DGA

Please call us at 800-542-2307 and we'll describe to you how to maximize the media width (select tech support when prompted). Have the printer serial number available when you call, we'll need that to start a support ticket.

If calling is not an option or you prefer to email us, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

Sign Works

I try not to be too critical but if you can't figure out something so basic as this then you are going to be in a world of hurt trying to operate and maintain this machine.