• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plasticizers And The L560

dypinc

I know what plasticizer. What I want to know is how effective is the roller on the L560 in reducing the printing defects from plasticizer?

sonia

HP Latex 560 printer and HP Latex 570 printer have a "wiper roller" that pretty-much eliminates this issue, allowing materials with plasticiser migration to be printed without an issue. From what we have tried in here works quite well.

ericm

i love my latex 570 and have been using it since sept and for the first time i had a brand new roll of banner printing like crap so i tried the roller and it helped but did not fix the issue
the image was 50'' x 10' and the counter on the roller was saying it printed 597 inches in length...so ill need to do some more testing!!!

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Used the wiper roller on banner material recently (Zeelon) due to it looking crappy. It helped in some spots but not all...then seemed to get a little more uniform, however, it's still not "great". So as long as customers aren't expecting awesome print quality on cheap banners, no problem. If they are, have a roll on hand for those types, and charge more for it...since the banner will cost a little more.

jayhawksigns

In that case I would be running Forward banner from Grimco as my good stuff and Key as my cheap line, except it costs more. Still need to look into the costs and lifespan of the wipers.

AKwrapguy

In that case I would be running Forward banner from Grimco as my good stuff and Key as my cheap line, except it costs more. Still need to look into the costs and lifespan of the wipers.

It's basically just a foam covered bar. When the foam starts to get shabby replace it. So it probably depends on the type of material your running over it and how much. I think that their pretty cheap as well, $100 for a 4 pack or something like that.

jayhawksigns

Wonder why they can't make that bar available for the L360?
It's a carrot. Just another reason to upgrade. But honestly, isn't it gear driven so that it wipes the media and not just another roller that it passes over. Probably just lacks the hardware to operate it they way its intended.

dypinc

Might be because wiping the media would make more sense. Seems there is still a number of things about the L560 nobody wants to talk about especially whats improved from the shortcomings of the L360.

Last edited:

AKwrapguy

Wonder why they can't make that bar available for the L360?

For that matter why not make it a thing for every printer or create some type of semi-universal aftermarket attachment system for most of the printer out there and sell it.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Might be because wiping the media would make more sense. Seems there is still a number of things about the L560 nobody wants to talk about especially whats improved from the shortcomings of the L360.

The only things I can say about the L500 series is that it's Very loud...which only matters if it's in your small office rather than it's own room etc.
And loading substrates requires some methodology.
Example: Avery 1105, being thinner vinyl and not aggressively holding to it's backer, likes to peel up on the leading edge when passing through on loading...sometimes getting stuck, and sometimes creating a carriage strike.
Solution: Curve the leading edge to a smiley face, and trim off a quarter inch of the vinyl from the backer. No more problem.
Last thing would be to make sure the substrates pass through the curing area without getting stuck. Bringing out to takeup is best way. (some material loss)
or we use a straight edge and babysit it until it comes out. (if it starts to bow upward toward the ceiling of the heater, press it down with the straight edge.

AKwrapguy

Just got my 570's installed... the new condenser motor is pretty loud. Most of the materials have been ok going through but the biggest issue I've had so far has been 3M's new 7930 it's supposed to replace the 3290 which sucks but that's a different conversation. It's very stiff and doesn't like the loading process much. Have had it get caught up in the carriage a few times already.

juan.runnells

Production Manager Wide Format
The only things I can say about the L500 series is that it's Very loud...which only matters if it's in your small office rather than it's own room etc.
And loading substrates requires some methodology.
Example: Avery 1105, being thinner vinyl and not aggressively holding to it's backer, likes to peel up on the leading edge when passing through on loading...sometimes getting stuck, and sometimes creating a carriage strike.
Solution: Curve the leading edge to a smiley face, and trim off a quarter inch of the vinyl from the backer. No more problem.
Last thing would be to make sure the substrates pass through the curing area without getting stuck. Bringing out to takeup is best way. (some material loss)
or we use a straight edge and babysit it until it comes out. (if it starts to bow upward toward the ceiling of the heater, press it down with the straight edge.
Loading wrap films is easier if you open the lid, the roller are raised A bit but still engage when the film passes under them. Have had no problems since I figured this out. Specifically with 1105 . We are the top Avery purchasers in Canada . Wraps every day all day.

Loading was a pain in the ass... if it did load, it skewed... no problems now.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Loading wrap films is easier if you open the lid, the roller are raised A bit but still engage when the film passes under them. Have had no problems since I figured this out. Specifically with 1105 . We are the top Avery purchasers in Canada . Wraps every day all day.

Loading was a pain in the ***... if it did load, it skewed... no problems now.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

My solution when loading Avery 1105 is cut the curve into it then trim 1/8" or 1/4" off the backer.