• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing Software

What estimating software do you use?

• Activity

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Cyrious Software

Votes: 27 11.9%
  • EstiMate

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Excel Spreadsheet

Votes: 30 13.2%
  • GraphixCalc

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • SignVox

Votes: 16 7.0%
  • Sign Tracker

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 19 8.4%
  • Don't use Software

Votes: 79 34.8%

• Total voters

Techman

No more subscription based software. Their price models are out of control for the smaller shops around.
No matter what. Its way too easy to write something in excel. Or its way easy to hire an author to write something for excel of one of its FREE clones.
Or find something online
its way so easy..

Here is a great start..

[video=youtube;7EL7x3k35wg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EL7x3k35wg[/video]

Sidney

Yes, we offer a Free 14 day trial

Yes, we offer a free 14 day trial and a free 20 minute introductory walk-through. Just go to GraphixCALC.com and go to our download page.
If you have any other questions please contact me.

Thank you, Sidney L Muniz

GraphixCalc Sign Estimator

Is there a demo version so we can try it out?

BLC411

Shop flow+ software

ShopVOX. We implemented the cloud based software 9 months ago and now I have no idea where we would be without it. There's a variety of flavors that do similar functions but if you want scalability for your business, you have to be able to efficiently move from lead -> quote -> order -> invoice. Shopvox has a great interface that's easy to train on and has worked well for our shop.

Warmoth

I use Google Sheets (spreadsheet). I've built, what I consider, a very comprehensive spreadsheet that utilizes scripting.

It considers all overhead, employee costs (wage/work-speed/efficiency), material costs (including stuff like ink usage), It uses averages I have observed of "sq ft/hour" for sign assembly/weeding/masking/etc, to calculate appropriate labor costs. In the end it calculates "cost" per sq inch/ft for every possible job type we offer. I've gone out of my way to TRY to cover EVERYTHING.

On the main page is a calculator with drop down selections to input all the details of a job that I want to price. Decal/sign/banner/etc. With each selection, the next box updates to show the remaining available options (2-sided/reflective/etc). Finally, input the dimensions of said job, and using the previous mentioned job cost, it will tell me how much it will cost to produce the item. It will give me a customers price based on the profit % I've specified for the job type on the master "cost/price" page I have.

I take this data with a grain of salt. I realize it shows me estimates. I don't use it for EVERY job. I use it as a guide. And it can be very insightful.

...My spreadsheet doesn't stop there. After you've priced something, there's an "add to invoice" button. Click it, price something else, repeat until done.
It spits all the info into a easy to read format that shows all the details/options I've selected from the drop-downs. I fill out the customer info. Click another button and it exports the data to a .CSV file directly into my Google-drive.

Having Google-Drive installed, this file goes directly to the billing computer. Using a 3rd party program, with about 4 clicks, this file imports directly into quickbooks as a new invoice. Invoice completely filled out & accurate, and the items are described in an automated way to ensure 100% uniformity across invoices - All in the name of removing human error.

wegercarl

Have you ever considered selling this to a non competing business? If so let me know what you would consider fair.

Kind regards,

Carl

2B

Excluding ShopVox is there another program option that allows you to send a proof and have the proof either go to production on approval or back to the designer for edits?

nate

Thank you,

does this program allow you to do a 1-time purchase onto a NAS / Server then use remote access for instant sales quotes or updates outside of the office?
If you're asking can you access it remotely, yes through Remote Desktop. If you're asking can you get on a website and do stuff-- somewhat, but its web stuff is really limited out of the box.

It's a great program that is pretty much customizable to how you want to work.

Warmoth

Have you ever considered selling this to a non competing business? If so let me know what you would consider fair.

Kind regards,

Carl

I haven't thought about it. I've got it tailored to our particular set of services. I think it's easy to operate, but under the hood... it wouldn't be very easy to modify for anyone other than me.

If I can get some time, maybe I'll make a YouTube video showing it's functionalities. You could evaluate it then, and let me know if it looks useful.

ssfirme

I haven't thought about it. I've got it tailored to our particular set of services. I think it's easy to operate, but under the hood... it wouldn't be very easy to modify for anyone other than me.

If I can get some time, maybe I'll make a YouTube video showing it's functionalities. You could evaluate it then, and let me know if it looks useful.

I would be interested if you did one.

FatCat

Downloaded SignTracker about a week ago and still messing around figuring out formulas, etc. I need to sit down to one of their webinars to get a better understanding of how it all works together, but alas, need to make signs and money to pay the bills... Still, it looks promising, and my main concern is allowing some of my staff to accurately price common jobs without me having to do it all the time....

Also, need to look at GraphixCalc, but we run all Macs here and it runs on Windows...I know I can run it on Parallels or VMWare, but then that is extra software to buy...

Sidney

We have a template feature along with a quick pricing feature that provides consistency in pricing for employees. In addition, we have cloud based syncing for multiple machines.

WildWestDesigns

Also, need to look at GraphixCalc, but we run all Macs here and it runs on Windows...I know I can run it on Parallels or VMWare, but then that is extra software to buy...

You could try VirtualBox as well. No buying VM software that way. Will still need to have a working Win OS and key though.

Could always see if WINE will work as well. It's a compatibility layer for Unix-like OSs. I use it all the time on my Linux rigs. It may or may not work though. Running a VM is more of a sure thing.

sss8259

I actually need some help in order to cancel our account with Sign Tracker. We really wanted to make it work as it is one of the cheapest sign management software. Unfortunately It's been 3 months that we are paying our monthly subscription but nobody has ever returned our calls or answered my emails. It's been only a month that I have decided to cancel the subscription. I have been trying to do it through my account but I can't find how to do it. I am actually wondering if this company still exists.. Of course payment is still being debited from our bank account. Please any help will be welcome;)

Thanks

Sidney

That would frustrate me.
I've been in business 25 years and one of the strongest attributes that I have is returning calls. Here's my cell phone number if I can be of assistance.
Sidney 754-610-5956