• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

print data error on Gerber Edge with Signlab?

Dan Thomas

I type out the word test in black to print, simple, send to printer it beeps once and shows me "online Data Error"
on the Gerber Edge LE screen?

signgirl

I run into this problem when I hit the online button before it has a chance to completely send the info to the plotter. Put the machine online first then send the job. Just a thought

Dan Thomas

I will check settings, it lets me print on flexi demo with no problems, only happens with a demo of sign lab 10. i use a regular generic parallel to usb adapter to communicate with it, new cable tho

Jburns

Gerber makes a certified USB-Parralel cable - P83301A

I had problems when I used a generic sometimes on flexi. no experience with signlab.

Dan Thomas

I have the original Gerber cables, but no ports on the laptop, did use a usb to com that worked for the cutter which I have used for some Chinese cutters i will try a USB to parellel with female end to connect the Gerber parellel cable , if no go then easy fix with the one you mentioned Jburns. , got an older computer but sign lab 10 is not meant for Vista, GSP software only for that one I understand .

signgirl

JBurns, am I remembering correctly that to use the Gerber cable you need to be running Omega 2. something or higher?

Dan Thomas

All worked out, ended up with Flex pro 11 cloud bought used, Gerber works well with generic cord, same with usb adapter for the gerber cutter also, nice little system,
Than ks for all the help guys