• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Issue with Gerber Edge

Rusty B

I have an issue where it seems that I have a blown pixel but it doesn't show with other foils. I am using a champagne gold gerber foil. Printing on Convex reverse print clear 16 mil vinyl. The Gold layer is printed then arctic white is used for the top layer. The white doesn't seem to have the dotted line and when I print gold on oracal 651 it is a nice solid print. It seems to be that specific foil on that specific material. I use Flexi so heat settings and things like that I am not sure about how they are controlled but it seems too consistent to be that in my opinion. I have an option to select what material I am printing on in production manager. However this material isn't listed. It lists only Gerber media and this is convex. I have used it before with no problems but I have learned roll to roll media in any brand may differ drastically when being printed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• SC bad print1.jpg
    SC bad print1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 197
  • SC bad print 2.jpg
    SC bad print 2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 188

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I don't think it's a blown pixel or any machine issue. It looks like a material setting or even a conflict to me. Depending on what materials are shown by Flexi, I would try setting it up as LexEdge, Plastigraphix PVC10, Edge Positive or Sport 20. You could also contact Graphic Marking Systems who are highly capable with both the Convex line and Gerber systems.

Rusty B

I don't think it's a blown pixel or any machine issue. It looks like a material setting or even a conflict to me. Depending on what materials are shown by Flexi, I would try setting it up as LexEdge, Plastigraphix PVC10, Edge Positive or Sport 20. You could also contact Graphic Marking Systems who are highly capable with both the Convex line and Gerber systems.
Thanks Fred. I am about to do as you suggested and change the settings inside Flexi. I was up way too late last night thinking about throwing the Edge over the bluff behind my shop lol!! It's driving me nuts! I will post results as soon as I know something.

Rusty B

No luck. I tried with LexEdge and PVC10. The prints are exactly the same and it seems to be in the exact same spot on every print. I'm puzzled. I have cleaned and cleaned and looked for anything that could be affecting the print and find nothing. I will keep trying!

Rusty B

Yes sir. They haven't responded to my email as of yet but it has only been a couple of hours. They have a tech support number and I will try that if they don't respond soon. Flexi did reply and said it seemed to be a media/foil issue also. I did a reprint on oracal clear and it printed fine once again. Are there an settings that can be changed in the machines setup such as pressure that may affect it? I have been afraid to try it because i know the software communicates what is needed inside the machine. Also I was thinking it may be my graphic so I redrew it in Flexi and I am about to try that now to see if it helps.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I can't be of any help there except to say again that I don't think your Edge is at fault. There are no settings within the Edge that you should mess with. I am a long time Flexi user but not for driving my Edge. For that I use only Gerber Omega software ... so it's hard for me to make any suggestions beyond what I already have made. Graphic Marking Systems is your best bet.

Rusty B

I think its been reduced to a faulty foil. Every other foil works on the convex media fine. I tested 14 foils. The only thing I saw was in the foil it looks as if it has scales in certain spots. Those seem to coincide with the lines. None of my other foils have those scales and all are smooth. Thanks for the assistance once again.