• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on Solvent Printer

lucasdowden

I have a Mutoh 1204 and I am trying to print transparencies for screen printing. It seems my black isn't black enough, is there anyway to make my printer drop down more ink or has someone created a new profile I could use?

d fleming

Never had good luck with my big printer. I use a 300$ desktop epson printer and 13"x19" film from tubelite. Their house brand. Setting for matte paper at quality level. Plenty dark. Image does not have to be SOLID black. On a commercial exposure unit using flourescent unfiltered blacklights 4.5 minutes does the trick. For halftones you will need a single point light source for best results with a much faster exposure.

boxerbay

Use a rich black. bump up your black to be C 50 M 50 Y 50 K 100

but yes the other poster is correct. your better off buying am old HP5000 laser toner printer and use casey's transparencies sheets.

petepaz

I have seen a roland printer that was converted to print films but we never had any luck printing films with the standard cmyk solvent printers. We have an epson 4880 converted to all black ink we use that to print our films for silk screening. Works great

We use an Epson Artisan 1430 with all black cartridges and AccuRip sofftware. It's a little over the top, but it's fool proof. We use 13" x 19" transparencies from Ryonet.

zarfins

I was at SGIA last month and I saw that Epson has a screen kit now for one of their printers. The screens and quality looks pretty good and it was just a little over 1k with a warranty.. Im waiting on my samples and im thinking of replacing my old POS machine...

zar