• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question for you guys that do van full wraps

crny1

My sister owns a bakery and has a 2010 Ford Transit Connect as her delivery vehicle and is inquiring with me about a wrap for it. I have wrapped 2 cars with solid color material but never done a graphics design, print and wrap. What would a ball park price be for this vehicle? I obviously would need to purchase a template as the van is too far away to just measure and make my own. I dont know where to begin with sq ft without a template. Also I know the markets are different in different areas. This vehicle is about 1.5 hrs from St Louis so maybe that will help with understanding the area. I appreciate any and all pricing structure help for this! Thanks in advance

My sister owns a bakery and has a 2010 Ford Transit Connect as her delivery vehicle and is inquiring with me about a wrap for it. I have wrapped 2 cars with solid color material but never done a graphics design, print and wrap. What would a ball park price be for this vehicle? I obviously would need to purchase a template as the van is too far away to just measure and make my own. I dont know where to begin with sq ft without a template. Also I know the markets are different in different areas. This vehicle is about 1.5 hrs from St Louis so maybe that will help with understanding the area. I appreciate any and all pricing structure help for this! Thanks in advance

A 2010 Transit Connect without the roof is about 245 sq feet, and the roof is about 55 sq feet. However you charge for your wraps, this should help. Not a very difficult wrap. Some areas of the country get about $7 installed per square foot, and others over $12+ per square foot installed. Being new at wraps, and adding in the slower amount of time it will probably take you, and having to reprint a piece if you make a mistake, hopefully you will be on the higher side of those prices if you would like to make anything. Then add in your design charge and you got it.

TXFB.INS

so are you looking for pricing allowing your sister to get a good deal in her area ?
would you design and print then get a local to install?
or are you needing the price for the raw material to allow for "family" pricing?

you say you have done color changes, does that also mean you have the ability to design and print?

3SixtySigns

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Don't buy the template. I'll give you it for free!

Whoah...caution. It doesn't look like you've been a member long so I'll just say...
Unless you created the template from scratch, sharing generated templates is not allowed. (as in illegal). I don't know of any of the template companies that allow for licenses that give you permission to share their art files. Just an FYI. And by the way, they DO monitor this forum. Most won't even let you sell your old copies of their discs when you sell your shop or upgrade. Also an FYI.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
A 2010 Transit Connect without the roof is about 245 sq feet, and the roof is about 55 sq feet. However you charge for your wraps, this should help. Not a very difficult wrap. Some areas of the country get about $7 installed per square foot, and others over $12+ per square foot installed. Being new at wraps, and adding in the slower amount of time it will probably take you, and having to reprint a piece if you make a mistake, hopefully you will be on the higher side of those prices if you would like to make anything. Then add in your design charge and you got it.

Yipes...slower install and newbie install experience, for more money? Not in my town. Usually guys just cutting their teeth on wraps (essentially practicing on customers vehicles) would be charging LESS, not MORE.

bannertime

Yipes...slower install and newbie install experience, for more money? Not in my town. Usually guys just cutting their teeth on wraps (essentially practicing on customers vehicles) would be charging LESS, not MORE.

Especially since it's a relative's vehicle. Not that they shouldn't pay normal prices, but they may be more forgiving. Don't worry so much about how much to charge. Use this time as a learning experience. You'll be able to know how much time and material it'll take you. Then on future orders you'll be able to give accurate quotes.

crny1

Ok, I have the ability to create the design (with the exception of a template) and print it myself. 99% of what I do normally is large prints. average 2000+ sq ft but mostly flat panel stuff. I have wrapped 2 vehicles in solid color vinyl. Yes I agree I will be slower than a normal shop and may have a panel reprint in the process. I was just curious what the average price was and yes I will be doing it for cheaper for her since she is my sister.
Yes this will be valuable experience but on the other hand I wouldnt even consider it if she wasnt family. My other stuff takes up too much time.

TXFB.INS

go to ford dealership, get side photos & back of van, measure center to center of axles...resize in computer. instant template.

the dealers around us seriously FROWN on this.

but yes this is a good way to get a template and also see any areas that need extra material. templates are nice but they are 2D and do not give you scale to know where the curves are for added material.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Templates are useless to me. We design from actual or sometimes stock photos and rough measurements. If the vehicle to be wrapped isn't available for a proper survey we'll do a rough mock up and let the customer know that we won't print any until the vehicle is in our possession.

ExecuPrintGS

but yes this is a good way to get a template and also see any areas that need extra material. templates are nice but they are 2D and do not give you scale to know where the curves are for added material.

Really??? they frown on it?
Maybe its because of our relationship with our local dealers, but in a bind I've been able to just call them and ask for side, front and rear shots along with some basic measurements and they have always been happy to help. If i showed up and did it myself I'm not sure anyone would even think twice about it.

Pippin Decals

I have a collection of some older years and up to and including some 2016 vehicles etc of templates..If i have it ill pass it on to you .Send me a Pm and ill tell you were to go to find the right number i need to see if i have it..

FOR OTHERS INTERESTED--- I bought this collection ( not going to say from where publicly) cause i thought i was going to get into print for wraps and decided not to..If anyone is interested, i will part with the collection files for an a amazing low price if i may ask of it...Send me a pm for more details and specs...

spectrum maine

man- you have some uptight car dealers in your area. it is just a picture.

rjssigns

I rarely go to car lots. If I do its on a Sunday as they are closed. At any rate Google is your friend. Super easy to get profile pics and specs from Ford, GM etc...
Profile pic + wheelbase then scale it up in Ai. Done