• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Race Car Design Challenge

Joe Diaz

It has been a while since we have done a design challenge here at signs101. This one can be open to anyone.

Scenario: The other day a race car driver and his entire crew stopped in and wanted a price on doing his car. You price out the job the way you normally do. The race car driver gets all bent out of shape and says the price is too high. He then goes on to say that he would rather just buy his own equipment and do his own car (and possibly all his fellow racers' cars too).

You decide that if the race car driver can do your job, you should be able to handle racing. Your company decides to invest in it's own race car, and everything that goes along with it, to compete every Friday/Saturday at the races.

You need to design your own race car (any model) to either show the local crowd how a real race car should look, or to poke a little fun at the other local racers. The choice is up to you. Just post a sketch when you have time and remember to have fun. :thumb:

Ladies & Gentlemen.... Start Your Engines!

Jillbeans

Here ya go, Joe.
Remember I don't do race cars.
So I don't know the placement but I know green is bad luck right?
This car is off an ancient CD.
It would be made out of old sign pieces, coro, speaker wire, a Snapper lawn mower engine, tinfoil and some mismatched old tires my kid has out back.
The lettering would be nice though.
The logos are all old ones I've done.
Man I need to step away from the prismatic fonts and Valentino.
:ROFLMAO:
:doh:
:rolleyes:
You probably can't read my driver's name but it's a girl racer named Polly Ester.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 478

p3

Here's one I did a while back, customer never had it printed due to cost. hah. Went with a simple version of it though.

Attachments

• car-design.jpg
    car-design.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,019
Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
[FONT=&quot]We don't really race, but what the heck....... it can't be that hard. :doh: What do you really need besides a vehicle and lack of brains to go 200 mph in a circle ?? I do similar to that everyday going back and forth to work.... and I never hit anyone there. I feel like it, but the road rage has settled down. I think my new ride might have something to do with it.

Anyway, we gathered up all of our extra cash and we figured we start out small.... you gotta start somewhere and lettered up our 'BULLET' and in no time... we'll be putting all the other racers out of business.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here's our entry..............
[/FONT]

bumper racer.jpg
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

gnatt66

oh wait....did joe Diaz start this thread for me? haha.

this is our car...bought a chassis and interior tin, built the rest.

been at this for three yearsish, had the printer 10 months.

sponsors wreck all the cool designs :)

p.s. i didnt charge myself enough..that's for sure.

3621/210 lam....

Attachments

• IMG00014-20100418-1602.jpg
    IMG00014-20100418-1602.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 398

mikey-Oh

does anyone have a freebie template? the shop i work for doesn't mess with race stuff and my evenings free tonight, don't really care which model/type/whateves.

thank you!

SignManiac

I started working on something earlier so maybe tomorrow I'll have something to show. Since I don't do or have any race cars. I'm building a car from scratch so to speak. I like the wheels so far!

jlpwoody

A real race shop

if you want to see some real great race cars check out 702graphics.com they wrap 85% of all the cars that race at the dull ring in las vegas

Attachments

• Picture 142.jpg
    Picture 142.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 414

SignManiac

Ok I got to learn a few new tricks on this task using CorelDraw X5. All vector work from the ground up. I can see how you can really go deep with the details on a project like this. It was a fun learning exercise.

Attachments

• race car-b.jpg
    race car-b.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 363
  • race car.jpg
    race car.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 438
Last edited:

Joe Diaz

Ok I got to learn a few new tricks on this task using CorelDraw X5. All vector work from the ground up. I can see how you can really go deep with the details on a project like this. It was a fun learning exercise.

And that is what it is all about.:thumb: