• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rasterlink 5, retrieving licence info

MangoPRI

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to retrieve the licence info for Rasterlink 5? Recently purchased a rip and CJV30-160 on Ebay and need to do a clean install.

Thanks,

Chris

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The license password is located on a sticker inside the case the software comes in. If the machine is registered to another computer and you need to deactivate it so you can reactivate it on your computer, go here: Mimaki Web License Page

Also, call Mimaki and ask them about a free upgrade to Rasterlink 6. I'm not sure if they are still giving the upgrade for free but if they still are 6 is much more stable than 5.

MangoPRI

Thank you but I never received the case just the computer with it already installed, which is a bit annoying..

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Oh ok. it should be in the help or about menu. There should be a menu about the version of the software and that menu will also show you the password. I don't have a copy in front of me right now so I can't remember what it's actually called.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Man I wish I had a version in front of me and i could find it. Try going into the start menu in windows and find the folder Rasterlink is installed in. There should be a folder or icon that is labeled, "License" it could be in there.

MangoPRI

ok found the folder, opened licence, clicked next and it started deactivating but luckily when I went back to activate the key was in there, so I screenshot it and reactivated! Phew!!

Thanks for the help