• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Red and yellow sections of print have strange marks

jameskwiksigns

I am Printing with a Mutoh 1324 on IJ 135 gloss. I have noticed these strange patterns in my print, and was wondering if anyone might know the cause and how to stop it. 20170712_102419.jpg 20170712_102450.jpg 20170712_102455.jpg
If anyone can help I would be very greatful, as this is driving me crazy.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Wow- if you hadn't specified the material, I'd swear that was a banner!
My guesses:
- Something in the media that doesn't show up (until it gets ink on it)?
- In the design, maybe?
Honestly never seen an error like that, but don't run a Mutoh any more.

Joe House

Start with the nozzle test print and make sure that all nozzles are firing and in the correct place. Then check calibrations

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
It looks like your PF adjustment needs to be adjusted. The pattern you are seeing is the top of the wave pattern Mutohs print. When each pass is too close together, you get darker spots like that.
I should've known my answers weren't right! Now that I see your solution though, I do remember their "wave" patterns. I guess I just never saw one far enough out to show that kind of result!

thezigman

Sign maker near Chicago
Have you tried different weave effects? Depending on your RIP you may have different options, but try Fine & Fog 3 if you can.