• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replacing a DX-4 Head

Jim Hill

Will a Roland Tech install a DX-4 head that was not purchased through Roland?

Thanks for your help.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Official Roland dealers are not allowed to but you can sometimes convince one of their techs to moonlight for you. You will probably have better luck with an independent tech or a smaller dealer. I recommend doing it yourself. You would be surprised how many people do it successfully.

Jim Hill

Vander J:

Thanks for you advice on installing the head myself.

My problem at 70 years old I am getting a little shaky with my hands.

Do you sell the DX-4 Heads?

euronymous

Official Roland dealers are not allowed to but you can sometimes convince one of their techs to moonlight for you. You will probably have better luck with an independent tech or a smaller dealer. I recommend doing it yourself. You would be surprised how many people do it successfully.
Is this published anywhere? (the whole dealers not being allowed to bit)

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Is this published anywhere? (the whole dealers not being allowed to bit)

It's in the dealer agreement. We used to actually get Roland parts from a Roland dealer as we are not an official dealer for them. Roland found out and threatened to terminate our partner's dealer agreement if they continued to sell to us. Roland is very active in keeping people on their parts and not aftermarket. If Roland finds out one of their dealers is putting in Chinese parts into their machines, they will terminate that dealer.

Joe House

Not to mention the can of worms that this opens when something goes wrong... Then the finger pointing starts and no one will win.