• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Roland Color Management

travroy

I'm fairly advanced at color management, but I'm stumped. I have a Roland sp-540i. When I output a VersaWorks color chart for roland and then use the corresponding color swatch from the library in illustrator, the results are completely different. I've got all color management off in illustrator. The versaworks output settings for the color chart and the illustrator file are the same. Any help would be appreciated.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I'm thinking that turning off color correction in illustrator is causing your problem. The VW color swatch files are probably just EPS or PDF files that have the color settings embedded. You're sending over files with no color settings embedded so the RIP is treating them different due to the rendering intent settings usually being different. Is there a particular reason you have color correction turned off in illustrator?

travroy

I'm thinking that turning off color correction in illustrator is causing your problem. The VW color swatch files are probably just EPS or PDF files that have the color settings embedded. You're sending over files with no color settings embedded so the RIP is treating them different due to the rendering intent settings usually being different. Is there a particular reason you have color correction turned off in illustrator?
I just prefer to do my own color management. Too many variables for my taste otherwise. excelerator had the answer.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au

+1

You need to have an ICC profile embedded into your image so your RIP knows which profile it's translating from so it can tell the printer how to print.