• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland SP DX4 head problem, how to solve?

levasc

Most of the nozziles fire, but many M and Y strike above or bellow the line they should strike. Is the problem with the head (it is wearing out), or, for example, damper is clogged and its replacement could help?

Attachments

• IMG_20170514_201816.jpg
    IMG_20170514_201816.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 377

kanini

Looks like you might have hade some head strike(s), have you tried a head soak? If they are misdirected nozzles from a head strike then there's only a head change that resolves it unfortunately. Hope you get it sorted!

levasc

Looks like you might have hade some head strike(s), have you tried a head soak? If they are misdirected nozzles from a head strike then there's only a head change that resolves it unfortunately. Hope you get it sorted!
Thank you for reply! :) I am newbie (2months), and this is my first eco-solvent printer. Currently printing is acceptable, however there is slight banding.
No, I did not try head soak, but I will consider it :)
Thank you.

GettysburgSigns

I don'see a head strike, or anything alarming at all.
It looks like it just needs a good cleaning and nozzle wash.
From the photo, it appears that the magenta is blocked at the bottom nozzles.
Anytime the top or bottom nozzles are blocked, it is more prominent in the print, because that is where it meets the next print pass.
So, if you are missing 3 nozzles at the bottom of a color, and say, 2 nozzles at the top, you'll get a discernable line that looks lighter.
Problem is, when looking at a print test, it's easy to see dropped out lines in the middle of a test print, but the bottom or top nozxles only "appear" to be fine.
Bottom line... a good Nozzle Wash, followed by an Ink Fill.

levasc

I don'see a head strike, or anything alarming at all.
It looks like it just needs a good cleaning and nozzle wash.
From the photo, it appears that the magenta is blocked at the bottom nozzles.
Anytime the top or bottom nozzles are blocked, it is more prominent in the print, because that is where it meets the next print pass.
So, if you are missing 3 nozzles at the bottom of a color, and say, 2 nozzles at the top, you'll get a discernable line that looks lighter.
Problem is, when looking at a print test, it's easy to see dropped out lines in the middle of a test print, but the bottom or top nozxles only "appear" to be fine.
Bottom line... a good Nozzle Wash, followed by an Ink Fill.
Thank you for comprehensive answer, I will consider trying a good Nozzle wash (in following weeks, when I gather all this procedure info)
Thank you! :)

GettysburgSigns

Thank you for comprehensive answer, I will consider trying a good Nozzle wash (in following weeks, when I gather all this procedure info)
Seriously... don't wait too long.
If they dry out, it is harder to clean, and the process will tale longer.

Hey levasc,

Everyone has contributed good suggestions and we agree that performing a series of cleanings should help remedy the issue. We'll go a bit further and provide the link to our test print and cleaning guide available online here: http://support.rolanddga.com/docs/d...support_doc_test print and cleaning_rev_1.pdf

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

levasc

Hey levasc,

Everyone has contributed good suggestions and we agree that performing a series of cleanings should help remedy the issue. We'll go a bit further and provide the link to our test print and cleaning guide available online here: http://support.rolanddga.com/docs/documents/departments/technical services/manuals and guides/support_doc_test print and cleaning_rev_1.pdf

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn