• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland Sp300i won't pring black or yellow

justfriends

Hello good people,

Helping a friend fix a 7 year old eco-sol printer. We applied vacuum using a syringe, successful pulling ink, then it disappeared when the damper was reset the ink also sunk back to the cartridges. We ran the various cleaning functions, checked the fuses, flushed the heads with solvent, and everything else that was recommended on the boards, except for replacing the heads. Wondering what other avenues we can approach? Thx

ProPDF

If the dampers are bad the ink will roll back into the lines. Get new dampers, screw them onto the line then flip them upside down and suck ink through the bottom to prime them. Priming gets most the air out of the dampers and sets the correct pressure. Plug them into the head. Try to pull through the ink again at the bottom of the cap top hose. If nothing still check cap top is not blocked with ink. If those don't work you need a new head. If the heads have never been replaced and ink has never rolled down the cables into the connectors you probably don't need fuses or boards.