• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland vp-540 getting a 0109 error. Please help

cwaldner

Hi, I have a VP-540i that is giving me problems. I am getting an error 0109 error. I have the service manual and tried replacing the wiper motor and sensor. The motor does not even try to rotate. If i go to service mode i can see the sensor works if I push the wiper to and away from home position.
My next guess would be the servo board. does anyone have any suggestions for me? is there a way to try to start or move the motor in service mode manually? is there a chance that the servo board could be bad or blown a fuse?

Your help will be appreciated. Thank you

Last edited:

euronymous

Check the cable from the wiper motor to the servo board? test contact to contact with multimeter, hope it's the issue and get yourself a new cable

Hey cwaldner,

Considering the wiper sensor is working, the motor does not rotate, and the cable connection to the servo board seem to check out, what remains is a failed wiper motor (albeit new) and/or failed servo board. Beyond this consideration, it's recommended to consult with your regional Roland dealer for parts and repair.

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn